Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Retarded Pic request

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hows the wheelin in grants pass ive got a friend in medford and she wants me to visit i was going to take the family car but if theres some cool wheelin ill mob the runner that way.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 PM

let me know when you come up, Ill put together a little run up to granite hills )5 miles out of town) The name speaks for itself.. The wheeling here, well, this place is wheeling, its like a trail and mud mecca of oregon.. Its everywhere and legal also..

Mike
Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 PM

it will probanly be april.im looking at maybe moving there.humboldt is gay oooopppps i mean homo.everything is to damn expensive.ill definitely hit u up when i head that way.see what its like
Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 PM

GP is a very cool area, I love it here and Im from ventura originally... People are cool, lots of cool stuff from march to septmember to do. It truely for someone that loves being outdoors.. Thr rogue river runs through the middle of town and is a hella sweet place to be during the summer... Tons of wheeling and tough truck events, not too hot not too cold year round (sumers low 90's high 80's, springs low 80's) Work is hard to come by here tho if you want to make decent money... There's alot of the big corporations here, trades are doing ok.. If you do any sort of fab or mechanic work tho you could walk right into a job making decent cash.. Thats really the only gay thing about the place is finding good paying work (4ooo.00 a month+) granted its alot cheaper to live here but it would be hard for me to work for 2k a month.. eeerrttt..
Old 02-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnnyanger54
He be Throwin Mud Like NO OTHER!!! He went with BFG Krawlers..
At least he didn't go with some 33" wiener tires. Good man.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by AxleIke
At least he didn't go with some 33" wiener tires. Good man.
He also ended up dropping over 5k for a total chaos caddy 2 system, Fox coilovers, total chaos shock hoops, front Kartec baja fenders and kartek hood, NWOR 302 conversion kit, longfield axles (different truck), etc etc etc.. Ill get some pics when I start the install.. nothing will be gay about this truck

Last edited by JohnnyRanger54; 02-22-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member

He bought longfields AND a TC kit? Was that a Typo? If not, I'm sure you must've had a tough time not laughing while explaining to him why that purchase was silly...LOL. I'd have given a lot to listen to that conversation.

Whats also bizarre is that he bought rock crawling tires for a go-fast truck. Guess he didn't do his research first eh?

Ah well, as I'm sure you know, gotta build em as the customer wants, right? Even if they don't make any sense.

Last edited by AxleIke; 02-22-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 PM

The longfields and Krawlers are for his (basically) Daily driver project.. The TC kit is for a truck that he is ( i am) building for him and his dad.... No, the long fields and TC are not going to the same truck obviously.. he just spent a ton of cash with me on two rigs, was jusy emphasizing what he bought, i should have said something about these not going on the same truck :-)... The truck thats getting th TC kit is getting towed in tomorrow (thats getting the 302) Cheers mate.....

Hence the picture for a 4 inch over toyota with BFG's AT's pic cause thats what he initially wanted ( you need a set, have 2 make ya a killer deal!!) but he went with the crawlers instead, he just "LIKED" the tread desighn better... And we're ofcourse using just the stock T100 axles on the TC truck.. Make better sense now?? Sorry for the F up in that post.. and i wasnt even drinking!!

Last edited by JohnnyRanger54; 02-22-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by AxleIke
He bought longfields AND a TC kit? Was that a Typo? If not, I'm sure you must've had a tough time not laughing while explaining to him why that purchase was silly...LOL. I'd have given a lot to listen to that conversation.

Whats also bizarre is that he bought rock crawling tires for a go-fast truck. Guess he didn't do his research first eh?

Ah well, as I'm sure you know, gotta build em as the customer wants, right? Even if they don't make any sense.
The kid actually just wanted to lift the truck with a kit and baja style it... I explained to him (he had never heard of total chaos) why he needed it if he was going to be racing this truck.. I love tax return season.. Its good for business...FYI I'm not using the kings with the TC, we opted for the FOX 286B's.... No fabbing in getting those right up and they're a tish cheaper then the kings.. This will be probably one of my favorite trucks ive done as it will be pretty much the first REAL race truck ill be building.... Any advice from anyone whos built a race prerunner before is gladly accepted....
Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 PM

does anyone else feel like yotatech is full of idiots arguing about the stupidest things ever? Are we here to discuss the words gay or to enjoy wheeling and toyotas? Come on guys!!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree and I'm sorry to have gotten into one of those
silly arguments.
I do think its insane that we can't stay on topic for more than
a few posts without getting into an argument about
something stupid like typical slang terms,
Old 02-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Johnnyanger54
The longfields and Krawlers are for his (basically) Daily driver project.. The TC kit is for a truck that he is ( i am) building for him and his dad.... No, the long fields and TC are not going to the same truck obviously.. he just spent a ton of cash with me on two rigs, was jusy emphasizing what he bought, i should have said something about these not going on the same truck :-)... The truck thats getting th TC kit is getting towed in tomorrow (thats getting the 302) Cheers mate.....

Hence the picture for a 4 inch over toyota with BFG's AT's pic cause thats what he initially wanted ( you need a set, have 2 make ya a killer deal!!) but he went with the crawlers instead, he just "LIKED" the tread desighn better... And we're ofcourse using just the stock T100 axles on the TC truck.. Make better sense now?? Sorry for the F up in that post.. and i wasnt even drinking!!
Ah, makes more sense. Cool that he decided to go for the TC kit rather than bracket. Are you SASin'g the other truck, or is it pre 86? I expect pictures of the race truck!