Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Reman 3vze getting too hot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I decided to check for exhaust gases my self and asumming I did it right the fuild did not chage color so I don't understand why toyota said there is exhaust gases in the system. They also said the thermostat opened yet its not opening. Iv been working on burping the system and iv gotten quite a bit of air out but still get some bubbles every now and then and its still heating up to much. I got one of those funnels that goes on top of the radiator on order. Hopefully I can burp it better with that. Anyone have tips or trick on getting the air out?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Burp it

Originally Posted by oldirtydirt
v6 22re
Take the turd to the steepest hill you can find, turn on heater and see if that helps. I know its sounds goofy, but I have read it hear more then once. Try it until your funnel part comes in. I hope you can get it fixed so no more v6----
Old 03-17-2012, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by RAMROD84
Anyone have tips or trick on getting the air out?
Park the truck with the front end up, suggest car ramps.
Loosen the upper hose at the block, and remove it at the radiator. Rotate the hose so it faces up, and fill the coolant in the engine block through the hose this way. When it fills up, rotate the hose back down and secure it. Turn the heater on full blast hot. Attach your funnel and start the truck. Coolant will start burping out the funnel, with some overflow, so be sure you are outside while doing this. As air escapes, the coolant will continue to come out the funnel. Once it goes back into the radiator, and then engine has reached op temp, check the lower hose for temp to see if the thermostat is opening. Once the thermostat opens, lower hose will start to get warm. Massaging lower hose will help. Add coolant, and install cap. Check overflow bottle frequently over the next few days.
I have heard of people actually boiling the thermostat before this process, installing it quickly, adding the coolant, and getting the air to purge this way plus using the funnel.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:09 PM

Tried so many ways to try and get this thing fixed with no success. Thermostat still didnt open. Tried the spill free funnel that i bought and still didint change anything. Tried so many things yet still heating up. After some though i decided to pull the motor to get the head gaskets checked out as well as the heads and block. i will update as soon as i figure out what the deal is with this motor.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:49 PM

UPDATE: Issue is fixed - DONT BUY FROM CHS MACHINE

After getting in contact with the shop that remaned the motor ( which by the way Is CHS machine out of portland ) they told me to send the heads and head gaskets to them so they can inspect them. Before sending it to them I sent the heads to a local machince shop and they checked out fine. I did this so id have a back up incase CHS would try to screw me over. After CHS looked at them they say they were fine as well so they sent them back to me with an offer of sending new gaskets as well which I refused. I purchased OEM head gaskets and new head bolts put the motor back together and what do you know everything works normal and like it should. Im in the process of making them pay me back for the parts and labor of having to change the head gaskets. The claim is filed.

Just an FYI don't buy from CHS unless you like head aches. They also use cheap rock gaskets and for some reason the also sprayed them with that copper gasket stuff.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 AM

Ram,

Shot you a PM.

Scott