Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Rate my '94

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rate my '94

I’m considering selling my truck and getting a new Taco. I’m wondering what you would think this beastie is worth. As many of you know, it’s down right now with a scuffed cylinder, so consider it’s value after rebuilding the shortblock and making the motor 100% and taking care of a few other piddly things. LMK what you think I can really get for it if I were to sell it.

My first Gen2 Toyota was a 1991 identical to this one and when I got rid of it (rusty from being in NY and the ’91 got hit hard once) I took all the goodies and moved them over to this clean Southern ’94 and then continued the build.

I’ve done pretty much everything possible on the aftermarket and quite a bit of custom work too.

It’s a highway truck, on a good day it gets 18mpg. The motor is a very capable performer, feels about like stock below 3000rpm (computer limitations), but then comes alive and pulls strong all the way to redline, where the stock motor gasps at 4200rpm. On the dyno it’s 20% stronger than a stocker in the 3000-4200 range, no comparison above 4200 since the stocker has little power there. The suspension works fantastic on the street. Soft and supple thru the bumps, but has very little body roll in the corners. Really inspires confidence on the street. The ’94 hasn’t been offroad, but when I had this suspension stuff on my ’91 it was quite capable offroad. It could easily be a very capable offroader with some dirt tires and sway bar disconnects. With the HD sway bars it gets crossed up pretty easily, the truetrac does OK offroad, but is fantastic on the street.

The AC will freeze you out of the cab and the heat’ll roast you within 3 minutes of getting going. Toyota’s always worked well in this regard. On a frosty morning when the windshield fogs, flick the defrost to high and pop the sunroof and it defogs itself in seconds.
The interior is comfortable and rather quiet with all the dynamat.

All in all this truck (the ’91 & ’94) has been very good to me over the last 15 years. Mostly I’m tired of shifting and want something new.

Below are the specs. This is just a quick list that I did on a Sunday morning. I’m sure I’m missing some things.

1994 Toyota Xcab 4x4 pickup specifications.
Charcoal with gray interior.
140,000 miles.
SR5 package, power steering, brakes, windows, locks, mirrors. Factory sunroof, Sliding back window, Bucket seats, etc.
Clean southern truck with no rust anywhere.

Power
3VZE, built to the hilt. 30kmi
Balanced and blueprinted shortblock.
Ported and polished heads, intake and headers.
Custom Ground Cams
Ceramic coated combustion chambers and piston tops.
Balanced injectors
K&N FPIC air filter system with new filter (less than a year / 5kmi old.)
NWOR headers & Y-pipe, ceramic coated inside and out.
Summit Ø2.5” High Flow Catalytic converter
Gibson Ø2.5” Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust – lifetime warranty.
Centerforce dual friction variable pressure clutch. 30kmi
Toyota 5 speed. Stock.
Toyota Transfer Case. Stock.

New maintenance type stuff
Toyota NEW Power steering pump, less than 30kmi.
Toyota NEW Air conditioning pump, less than 25kmi.
Toyota NEW Water Pump , less than 30kmi.
Battery, less than 30kmi.
TPS, less than 30kmi.
Brakes Stock, OEM parts, new pads, rotors, shoes less than 10kmi. Front wheel bearings at the same time.

Differentials
Toyota’s V6 rear end with 4.88 gears and a TruTrac differential, all new bearings. Less than 10kmi on it.
Front with 4.88 Gears.
Mile Marker Lockout Hubs. CV boots in good shape. If you don’t run them, they don’t wear and it’s had the Lockouts forever.

Suspension
NWOR Heavy Duty Torsion Bars
Rancho 2.5” rear springs (full spring kit, NO add a leaf.)
NWOR heavy duty front sway bar.
NWOR rear sway bar kit.
NWOR 4th brace in the front suspension – greatly strengthening it.
Rancho steering stabilizer
Rancho RS9000X adjustable shocks. Less than 10kmi.
Rancho in cab shock adjustment kit.

Armor.
Full Unlimited Engineering custom kit, front bumper, rear bumper, side bars and a roll bar (not installed due to the cap, but will come with the package.) These are not cosmetic. The ’91 took a full size chevy nearly head on and sent the driver to the hospital and the truck to the bone yard, we drove the toy went to dinner. It needed some repairs, but the bumper was straight and true. It made the migration to the ’94 without issue. Very strong stuff yet not heavy at all. The ’94 gained only 200lbs when I put all this on.
There is a skid plate, but it runs a little cooler and I think gets better mileage without it. The skid will be included.

Body
2” body lift.
Lift Lips
Bushwacker fender flairs
Cap. Unknown mfgr, but with side opening windows it’s the best cap I’ve ever seen. New gas shocks.
Bug deflector
Window Deflectors
Paint is in very good shape, it’s got a couple dings, but I’d get the dent sucker guy out before selling.

Interior
6 channel aircraft EGT w/ oil temp and can be expanded into a 6 channel CHT also. $2000 piece of hardware and fantastic tuning aid.
Autometer O2 Gauge
Autometer Mechanical oil pressure gauge.
Autometer Mechanical water temp gauge.
Custom overhead consol.
Alpine premium stereo, w/ 6 disk changer and XM radio.
6 Premium speakers including 2 subwoufers. 2 Amps.
Husky liners.
Dynamat everywhere.

Front lighting
This system is fully integrated into the headlights such that with running lights the 60W Hella fog lamps turn on, switch the headlights on low and the fogs turn off and the 60W driving lights turn on, flip to high beams and the driving lights turn off and 100W Hella pencil beams turn on. This system keeps the alternator from being overloaded and works seamlessly with the stock headlight switch. This can be overridden by switches in the overhead consol.
Headlights are also Hella with high intensity Piaa H4 bulbs.

Wheels & Tires
Ø18x10” Custom wheels, black powder coated.
P305/60/18 Toyo Proxies. Less than 10kmi. Excellent condition and they stick to the road like glue rain or shine. I have not had them in the snow, but all the reports are that the Proxies do well in snow.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
around 7k perhaps.... one like that (though more stock) just went for 6k in san antonio
Old 10-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
thats a sweet truck the color and the rims are awsome .... i would say 7-8k it all depends on where you live