86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radiator and exhaust???s

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 09:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Radiator and exhaust???s

My 94 standard 4x4 3.0 standard is coming along. I have sunk a bunch of money into her and right now it’s running great. On to the exhaust.

I am am interested in the LC Engineering turbo style exhaust and cat. The ones I have now are rusted through, look like poo and need to go. Anyone running these and have any tips on what needs to be replaced along with it. I was thinking this is the time for a new o2 sensor since I have no idea how old the one in there is. I have a new functioning EGR (should have deleted it when instead of replacing ) and one (I believe upstream in front of the cat ) o2 sensor. Since I have the EGR is this a California emissions ? Not sure. I currently have no codes.

The radiator is also pretty tired. I am thinking aluminum 3 row (eBay) But don’t know which one. There is a bunch of them offered. The reviews on this one say the transmission cooling lines don’t fit this and that. Does a standard have these lines ? I only see in and out on my current setup. I will replace these hoses at this time also. I suppose a new thermostat would be a good idea at this time. I see the 180 and 190 options. Any input ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Ra...kAAOSwTM5Y32w-
Old 07-01-2019, 12:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Spread5150
My 94 standard 4x4 3.0 standard is coming along. I have sunk a bunch of money into her and right now it’s running great. On to the exhaust.

I am am interested in the LC Engineering turbo style exhaust and cat. The ones I have now are rusted through, look like poo and need to go. Anyone running these and have any tips on what needs to be replaced along with it. I was thinking this is the time for a new o2 sensor since I have no idea how old the one in there is. I have a new functioning EGR (should have deleted it when instead of replacing ) and one (I believe upstream in front of the cat ) o2 sensor. Since I have the EGR is this a California emissions ? Not sure. I currently have no codes.

The radiator is also pretty tired. I am thinking aluminum 3 row (eBay) But don’t know which one. There is a bunch of them offered. The reviews on this one say the transmission cooling lines don’t fit this and that. Does a standard have these lines ? I only see in and out on my current setup. I will replace these hoses at this time also. I suppose a new thermostat would be a good idea at this time. I see the 180 and 190 options. Any input ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Ra...kAAOSwTM5Y32w-
Hey Spread5150,

I bought CSF's 3 row radiator from PartsContainer on Ebay for my 1991 3.0 DLX 5 speed and have been completely happy with it. A bit more expensive than the aluminum one you're considering. The manual transmission does not have the cooling lines. I just capped the tranny cooler hookups on the radiator I bought.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I looked at that one as well. People seemed to not like the plastic drain plugs on that model as they leaked ??? What did you block the cooler lines with ? Knowing i need not worry about the cooler lines is a big help.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Spread5150
I looked at that one as well. People seemed to not like the plastic drain plugs on that model as they leaked ??? What did you block the cooler lines with ? Knowing i need not worry about the cooler lines is a big help.
I forget the size(1/4 or 5/16), but it was just a couple of rubber vacuum line caps I had on hand to cap the lines. I haven’t had any issues with the plastic drain plug, and I’ve put easily 25k miles on the radiator. I also used a Stant 180 degree thermostat over the winter and had good performance from it, too. Like you though, I’m looking to invest in the LCE exhaust and catalytic converter.