86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

problems after headgasket replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
problems after headgasket replacement.

So, the trucks back together and im driving it everyday. There are however some issues that im trying to figure out.

1.˟ ˟ At idle, there is sometimes randomly a weird "rattle" sounding sorta like valvetrain issues. It was gona all week and then it reappeared sunday and monday now its gone again today.... You can hear it in the video I posted. Again only at idle.

2. It idles really rough now. And even sounds like it misses a bit. Ive checked all the vacuum lines. Im pretty sure I got them all where they came from... I re used the plugs that were in it when the gasket went...they only had about 500miles on them.

3. The turbo now sounds like it doesn't spool smoothly. Kinda like its sputtering as its spooling up. It spools up just as quickly(or slowly) as it did before but it doesnt sound like a steady hiss...imagine the popping/sputtering sound while welding...but obviously not that extreme. Its pretty quiet but im pretty picky.... Im wondering if it has something to do with the stream of coolant steam that was shooting through it?...

4.˟ This issue was there before but I figured Id bring it up here.˟ The tranny always has a bunch of drops of motor oil hanging off of it. Today I got home and crawled under it and had a look. There was drips of oil from the line coming off of the bottom of the turbo, all the way to the bolts bolting the clutch slave in lol... Im thinking rear main? although it doesnt look wet in the bellhousing!?

This is getting worse as there are now drips on the ground within minutes of parking it.

Any words of wisdom are welcome

1986 22rte 4x4 reg cab 5spd.