Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Picked up 94 3.slow 2wd

Old 11-11-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Picked up 94 3.slow 2wd

I was watching the election returns and perusing CL and saw a $500 2nd gen Tuesday night. Since I am living in the city attending school during the week I wanted something to run to the three pull a part yards if something pops up that I need. So I went and looked, drove it and 450 bucks later I am an owner. Sorry photobucket locked me out so no pictures. I had a few questions
My rear will roll down with key at door but not up. Any ideas. Button on console works. Also when window down gate up the dash light is on. I think it says rear door.
Back brakes don't feel as though they are providing much stop assistance. Brakes feel real touchy and truck dives.?
Did these come with a roof rack or can I adapt a later gen rack to it?
Will 94 pickup mud flaps bolt right up? I grabbed a pair at the yard recently.
The steering shakes at 35 to 40 and up.. Do I just need to jack it up and look for play? I have a 1st gen also and was going to get the idler arms from auto zone and put the brass bushings in them. Might this be my worst front end isssue?
Drivers door will not open from outside and window will not roll all the way down. Are these handles prone to break. Rear drivers side window requires help to move also.
This is my 1st 2nd gen experience so I dont know much about them.
THANKS for advice.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Took my drivers panel off and plastic retainer broken on exterior rod handle. Ordered. Anyone know if the 4 digit number on the drivers lock is key code or passenger door only? Any advice on rear window? Will not roll up with key in back. With window down rear door dash light lit. Works both ways with console button.

Last edited by papawhellie; 11-15-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Search this Thread