Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Ooops.....I think I just won the wrong camshaft!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No rust on this one.......long trip back from Texas with it last summer (it's in the pole barn now, away from Michigan salty roads!!), but well worth it.

vmax84
Old 12-26-2005, 07:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think your chasing a chicken with this used cam. I personally would never take a used cam from another engine and put it in my engine. It has already been broken in as per the other engine especially with those miles.

I strongly suggest another great option, I suggest you get a performance cam from engnbldr.com. Ted is no clown, I would say he is one of the most knowledgeable 2.4 guys around and has been building them for years. Cam is one of the best upgrades there are for that engine and ted has got 3 really great options for ya. Best part is it'll only cost you about $100.

Like I said I strongly recomend Ted, I use engnbldr kits for all our ROR engines and wouldn't talk to anyone else.

I just don't want you to waste your time on something that saves you a couple bucks and opens up a huge can of worms.

Then I would contact me and get a solution for your saggy rear end. lol

Last edited by suprathepeg; 12-26-2005 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by suprathepeg
I think your chasing a chicken with this used cam. I personally would never take a used cam from another engine and put it in my engine. It has already been broken in as per the other engine especially with those miles.

I strongly suggest another great option, I suggest you get a performance cam from engnbldr.com. Ted is no clown, I would say he is one of the most knowledgeable 2.4 guys around and has been building them for years. Cam is one of the best upgrades there are for that engine and ted has got 3 really great options for ya. Best part is it'll only cost you about $100.

Like I said I strongly recomend Ted, I use engnbldr kits for all our ROR engines and wouldn't talk to anyone else.

I just don't want you to waste your time on something that saves you a couple bucks and opens up a huge can of worms.

Then I would contact me and get a solution for your saggy rear end. lol
Thanks for the advice. I guess my thinking was see if I could quiet the engine down with a cheap fix. If it didn't work, then fine........tear the head off and send it off to an expert or take it to my local machine shop (they also do good work).

Funny............my rear end doesn't look that bad in real life. Part of it, I think, is that my driveway has an incline to it. But yeah, rear suspension could stand a little work as well!!

vmax84