Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NewRunnerPics...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Djlarroc
I'm sure that's true, but with Craigslist & eBay, & just the plain ol' internet, I don't see why someone has to go to a dealer and overpay for a decent truck. I bought my Runner from a used car lot, but offered a lil over half the asking price and guess what? I got it! 45% off!
Oh absolutly! I would never buy from a used dealership.
But if you lived around my area these trucks go for 7,000-10,000 in pretty good shape.. Rusted out trucks go for 4-5grand
Old 10-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay351
But if you lived around my area these trucks go for 7,000-10,000 in pretty good shape.. Rusted out trucks go for 4-5grand
Poor Stealership's ................................can't get any respect
Old 11-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jay351
welcome to b.c. our population loves toyotas like the rest of the world loves porsches and ferarris. head north and every other vehicle seems to be some ratted out toyota that someone loves to death and would never part with. i'd say offer lower, its in pretty decent shape for the age up here.

on a side note and highjack, hey Dublin, how'd you manage 33"s on stock suspension? how bad does it rub at full lock? lol
Old 11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

side note reply

I manage just fine. The tire store said no way, so I told them to put them on anyway and gimme that sawzall. Trimmed the valance and drove home with rubbing at 7/8's lock, got home and flattened out the bead weld. Now no rubbing at full lock except when turning on a steep incline. Needs a lift, got a free one?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 AM

I live in Van... just got myself a 4runner. Its a '90, with SAS, lockers, gears etc etc... and I picked it up for $9500 from a private sale. I think around 4500 is the asking price for mine stock (With around 200,000km on it). Yours has really good km's on it, so around $5000 seems fair. The rust on it doesnt look to be that much of an issue, if its just on the surface of course. Ive seen a lot worse on trucks up here.... just go around the frame and give it a good smack with a hammer.....
Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
If you feel that it is a good deal than go for it. With that much rust I would shy away from it like everyone else...Ask the dealer if you can poke around down there with a screw driver, hammer and maybe a wire wheel/brush. If he says no way, tell him $5K out the door or you walk...Sounds like the other folks from North of the border say it is normal condition....
Old 11-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

I'm not really understanding the replies of OMG RUST run away. Did anyone even look at the pics? Did anyone even notice the location. Does anyone realize how thick a frame is. I doubt anyone with those comments has spent any amount of time under a midwest / northwest rig or even there own. These frames aren't made of sheet metal and these aren't unibody frames. These are truck frames Fully Boxed. Get out of your seats and under the rig. Yes I understand rust in crucial/critical areas unattended can be catastrophic, but I'm not seeing it in the pics. No blistering, no flacking, no massive erroding. I'd take a frame looking like that posted over todays new car frames anyday. Take your 14 year old rig up in the snow and salt for a year and then give it to me, because it will start to Rust OMG.