Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Toy-------- (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Toy-------- (pics)

hey guys,

I joined a few weeks ago when i grabbed up a red 95 SR5 truck (4 sale, see sig)and was very pleased with my purchase until I saw some of yours...

I decided I wanted mine to be like yours. Inspiration got to me. BUT you all told me it was better off in the the way it was "stock" I took the advise and kept it that way but never got a chance to register it.

Now I found one I reallly like at a good price and I could not help myself. So I grabbed that too. Now I got two of these suckers and am still pleased. I just wanted to share some pics of my new one and maybe get some advice on it.
I kind of want to keep both, but it is not practical or economical (i am broke)

Tell me what you think..
(rust seems to be limited to the hood)

Old 04-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Hmmmm going for artsy rotated shots there?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:58 PM

actually, I just suck with the camera and was trying to stay clean! lol
besides, that is how it looks when you are under it!!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:38 PM

looks good, bedliner the lower third and hood edge and it will look even better
Old 04-08-2007, 05:46 PM

you do any modifacation to the rear suspension? it looks higher then mine and im trying to figure out if my springs/shocks are messed....
cool truck
Old 04-08-2007, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get that truck up on a lift, spend at least half an hour pressure washing the under carriage, and buy about 6 cans of fluid film and just coat the entire under carriage. Axles, under the bed, drive shaft, frame, front IFS components, etc, etc.
Also spray in behind the lips of the fender.

Trust me - I've done this and it will do wonders for protecting your under carriage and making/keeping it looking good.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

I really like it.... What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sonofmayhem
looks good, bedliner the lower third and hood edge and it will look even better
Please elaborate. I don't know that this means exactly, like a rhino-liner? Got pics?

I do want to clean and protect the undercarraige, I have a nice pressure washer, but don't have the luxury of a lift.

I have no idea what kind of lift and mods I have. I was hoping you all could help me figure it out. It may look higher because it is parked on the hump of a small hill?

I paid a hair over 2k, looking just like you see it. Has 16?K miles. Pops out of second gear sometimes (who needs 2nd anyways?-lol 1st---->3rd when the time comes). No other real faults. I am very content with it. A/C works!!

One thing that is a bit annoying is the road noise. I know the tires are the main reason, but i wish I could ride in someone else's with a similiar setup to compare. Or let someone drive to give me an idea about it. My current solution is to crank the radio, fortunantly it has an ice set up and will get much better after I replace the rear speakers.

I think it is good luck, on my way home after purchasing it, I saw two chicks butterball naked in the back of an Audi flashing people in the cold! Never had that happen in the Legend. I got the thumbs up from them!!

Last edited by lunchindabox; 04-08-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by lunchindabox
Please elaborate. I don't know that this means exactly, like a rhino-liner? Got pics?

I do want to clean and protect the undercarraige, I have a nice pressure washer, but don't have the luxury of a lift.

I have no idea what kind of lift and mods I have. I was hoping you all could help me figure it out. It may look higher because it is parked on the hump of a small hill?

I paid a hair over 2k, looking just like you see it. Has 16?K miles. Pops out of second gear sometimes (who needs 2nd anyways?-lol 1st---->3rd when the time comes). No other real faults. I am very content with it. A/C works!!

One thing that is a bit annoying is the road noise. I know the tires are the main reason, but i wish I could ride in someone else's with a similiar setup to compare. Or let someone drive to give me an idea about it. My current solution is to crank the radio, fortunantly it has an ice set up and will get much better after I replace the rear speakers.

I think it is good luck, on my way home after purchasing it, I saw two chicks butterball naked in the back of an Audi flashing people in the cold! Never had that happen in the Legend. I got the thumbs up from them!!
Easy fix that can be done in a weekend. Pull out the interior and rhinoline the floor and cab roof, then dynomat the inner doors and it should make it a lot quieter.
You can buy the do it yourself stuff for cheap. It really isn't great for a bedliner because it can come up with a little abuse, but if its covered over with carpet/headliner then it should work well.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Nice looking truck. Sometimes I wish I would have held out for a 3rd gen.

I think (I still get the generations confused sometimes)
Old 04-08-2007, 08:42 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Sharp lookin' truck, a little elbow grease she'll be good as new. Are 3rd gens not equipped with a transfer case skid-plate? Seems silly they wouldn't be.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:52 PM
BAZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MudHippy
Sharp lookin' truck, a little elbow grease she'll be good as new. Are 3rd gens not equipped with a transfer case skid-plate? Seems silly they wouldn't be.
Mine has one.

To the original poster: Nice truck, what size tires you running?
Old 04-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by CoedNaked
Get that truck up on a lift, spend at least half an hour pressure washing the under carriage, and buy about 6 cans of fluid film and just coat the entire under carriage. Axles, under the bed, drive shaft, frame, front IFS components, etc, etc.
Also spray in behind the lips of the fender.

Trust me - I've done this and it will do wonders for protecting your under carriage and making/keeping it looking good.
yea too bad for the lowered yotas we can get underneath our trucks to pressure wash the bottom. i guess we just gotta get them on a lift!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The red truck looked like it was in better condition to me...

Why didn't you just put a body lift and bigger tires on it instead of buying another truck?

They're both nice though so it really doesn't matter. Red is just my favorite color.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 AM

nice find
Old 04-09-2007, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by ovrrdrive
The red truck looked like it was in better condition to me...

Why didn't you just put a body lift and bigger tires on it instead of buying another truck?

They're both nice though so it really doesn't matter. Red is just my favorite color.
The red is in better condition, but it is an automatic. I hate that about it. I wanted o do the lift and tires, but I find it hard to take off good tires...if they were bad I would definantly upgrade, but i don't fix nothing that ain't broke.

Lol

The tires are 32's. I think this is the best set up.
Can anyone tell me what suspension stuff I got going...i am a little lost. I am thinking it is a suspension lift.

I will get the doors relined for noise control and the rhinoliner stuff is coming too!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:16 AM

Looks like stock suspension and a 3" BL to me...
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 AM

There is a post on here, search for herculiner. some chick did it and it looked really nice, i actually may do it to mine today
Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The suspension looks like it's pretty stock to me too. Your lift is from the 3" body lift that's on the truck that can be had for just over $100.

All in all, on the white truck the PO put the body lift on, the black steelies, and the tires. He put that truck about $1000 further in the mods than the red truck is counting the tires which were probably close to $800 of it.

If it were me, I'd do a bl on the red truck and put the tires from the white truck on the red truck and then sell the white one with the red trucks tires on it...

If you want it bad enough you can always do a 22re/w56 swap into the red truck if that's what you want.

A better swap though would be a 3.4l V6 swap out of a tacoma... Then you'd have one badass truck.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by ovrrdrive
If it were me, I'd do a bl on the red truck and put the tires from the white truck on the red truck and then sell the white one with the red trucks tires on it...

If you want it bad enough you can always do a 22re/w56 swap into the red truck if that's what you want.

A better swap though would be a 3.4l V6 swap out of a tacoma... Then you'd have one badass truck.
This is a good assesment. I f I had the time/money/expertise it would have begun already!

I like older, ragedy ☺☺☺☺☺ better anyways and I stand to make a few dollars on the red one. (not much of a response here, going on Craiglsist/Ebay this weekend)

Quick Reply: New Toy-------- (pics)