Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

New paint job suggestions

Old 06-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New paint job suggestions

I recently got into 2 consecutive car accidents, none of them my fault. And I received $3,500 in insurance money. But im not planning on spending all of it on the repairs for the fenders/bumper. I plan of just bending it back. Unfortunently you cant buy those sexy blue stripes that come stock anymore. So I decided to get a new paint job.

Does anyone have a really cool paint job on there pickup? kinda liek a 2 tone paint job. Post pics please.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:37 PM

why paint the truck if you are not going to fix the fenders?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, does the $3500 have to go to the truck? I can think of a bunch of better ways to spend all that money. But assuming it does...

the paint job will probably look pretty crappy if the body damage isn't fixed before hand. I personally wouldn't pay to have a car profesionally painted without having the body work done. However, if this is primarily a beater, then I'd just try to fix the major damage myself and then either rattle can it or get a discount shop like Maaco or Earl Scheib to paint it.

Here is a link to replacement decals and stripes http://www.jamesdeancreations.com/toyota.htm

Also, don't spend a penny on paying for replacement stock bumpers. Get a real off-road bumper from Marlin, TG, Addicted, etc.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:46 PM

If you take some pictures of the stripes and do some measurments, you should be able to take that to someone that does vinyl graphics and they should get you a very close match.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by toyNG
First off, does the $3500 have to go to the truck? I can think of a bunch of better ways to spend all that money. But assuming it does...

the paint job will probably look pretty crappy if the body damage isn't fixed before hand. I personally wouldn't pay to have a car profesionally painted without having the body work done. However, if this is primarily a beater, then I'd just try to fix the major damage myself and then either rattle can it or get a discount shop like Maaco or Earl Scheib to paint it.

Here is a link to replacement decals and stripes http://www.jamesdeancreations.com/toyota.htm

Also, don't spend a penny on paying for replacement stock bumpers. Get a real off-road bumper from Marlin, TG, Addicted, etc.

X2 on everything said above. I got hit in february with minor damage to my bumper and fender. Insurance gave me $1800. I ordered a fender (under $100) and ordered a front bumper from Addicted Offroad for the same price as a OEM Chrome bumper. My fender it getting painted now and I'm waiting for delivery of my bumper.

Definitely DON'T paint over body damage.