Sponsored by: DashLynx

new member with questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member with questions

i bought my truck a few months ago its a 94 pickup ex. cab. 4x4 v6

i have always noticed that the front is a little lower than the rear
yesterday i measured the front an one side was 14'' from the top of the rim to the fender an the other side was 13.5''

i did some research an stock i guess there sopposed to be 15''

so today i busted out the torque wrench to tighten the torsion bar bolts down, i didnt have any extra bolts an i read it was a good idea to so i was just going to be carefull

first i loosend them a bit then tightened them down pritty good, but on one side the top bolt moves with the bottom one

so now do i need to get new bolts or is there a way to fix this, an if do need to get new ones what are they called

im planning on getting bj spacers and new torsion bars in the near future

money is pretty short because i allready blew a head gasket on the 3.0 an had to have the heads replaced -3500$

thanks for any info
Old 03-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by toyota3x4
i bought my truck a few months ago its a 94 pickup ex. cab. 4x4 v6

i have always noticed that the front is a little lower than the rear
yesterday i measured the front an one side was 14'' from the top of the rim to the fender an the other side was 13.5''

i did some research an stock i guess there sopposed to be 15''

so today i busted out the torque wrench to tighten the torsion bar bolts down, i didnt have any extra bolts an i read it was a good idea to so i was just going to be carefull

first i loosend them a bit then tightened them down pritty good, but on one side the top bolt moves with the bottom one

so now do i need to get new bolts or is there a way to fix this, an if do need to get new ones what are they called

im planning on getting bj spacers and new torsion bars in the near future

money is pretty short because i allready blew a head gasket on the 3.0 an had to have the heads replaced -3500$

thanks for any info
Damn man! You can get an entire engine INSTALLED for that....!!

You just need to oil the bolts up good with PB Blaster ($2 at walmart) or equivalent about a day before you're going to work on them. Put a wrench on the top bolt to hold in place. Just don't go up too high or you'll put additional stress on the CV joints. I find about halfway between the upper & lower bump stops works well.

Last edited by TNRabbit; 03-14-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea. never had to do anything with the head gaskets, but $3500 sounds pretty insane. i would suggest just buying a new truck. lol. figure out something, and dont spend that much to replace a head gasket. good luck.