86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Meats and Bucket Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Meats and Bucket Seats

Hey all just wanted to post some pics of my 93 on here. She's a 1993 reg cab, short box 22re 5spd. I've had it for a little more then a month and have been getting everything up to snuff from there. I bought some alloys for a pretty good price because they were all pitted and beat up. So I took them to work, sandblasted them, then painted em gun metal. The tires are 31/15/10.5 Goodyear MTR's that I found for $600 new. I've also swapped out the bench for 2 SR5 buckets. That was the best 40 bucks I've ever spent. The last pic is done with a blackberry so it's crappy quality. But thats me stuck in a rather nasty wet area on the trail. Water came to half inch from bottom of door, and had to get towed out by my buddy.
Attached Thumbnails New Meats and Bucket Seats-bucket-seats.jpg   New Meats and Bucket Seats-tylerstruck015.jpg   New Meats and Bucket Seats-img00096.jpg  
Old 05-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks good my first truck was like yours also from you aviator looks like you got a grill from a 89 ?

Last edited by Elton; 05-26-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:26 AM

The truck had been in a front end accident before I bought it so they might have swapped it then.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:10 AM

Where d'ya get the buckets from...I got them now in my truck but they're pooched and torn. Phoned local wreckers and wouldn't sell me seats from anything but a same gen P/U or 4Runner! I had a list of other ones that would be a close fit with slight modification but the guy was "Well..um,ah,uh ya I don't think so" and laughed. Jerk. I see you are in Barrie so did you get them from around there at a wrecker? BTW your truck looks damn clean for an ontario truck!
Old 05-26-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by BluYot
Where d'ya get the buckets from...I got them now in my truck but they're pooched and torn. Phoned local wreckers and wouldn't sell me seats from anything but a same gen P/U or 4Runner! I had a list of other ones that would be a close fit with slight modification but the guy was "Well..um,ah,uh ya I don't think so" and laughed. Jerk. I see you are in Barrie so did you get them from around there at a wrecker? BTW your truck looks damn clean for an ontario truck!
never tell em what u got, only what u want.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:37 AM

I picked em up at Tracys here in Barrie they looked like crap when I bought them(took a whole day to clean) . I had to weld a couple little brackets to make fit but nothing too special. Truck spent half it's like in Kentucky which is why she isn't rotten.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by KegKiller
I picked em up at Tracys here in Barrie they looked like crap when I bought them(took a whole day to clean) . I had to weld a couple little brackets to make fit but nothing too special. Truck spent half it's like in Kentucky which is why she isn't rotten.
so what are the seats out of?
Old 05-26-2007, 02:46 PM

3rd Gen Ho Runner SR5, the drivers seat has the lumbar, those side huggers, and the seat tilt. The seat tracks work great too. And I can sit further back then the bench. I just need to find a gray center console to install now.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by KegKiller
3rd Gen Ho Runner SR5, the drivers seat has the lumbar, those side huggers, and the seat tilt. The seat tracks work great too. And I can sit further back then the bench. I just need to find a gray center console to install now.
nah, buy urself a nice subwoofer and put it in a square box. make it downfiring between ur seats. u get a sub and an arm rest.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:08 PM

yeah thats a good idea dijlop. I have 6x9's behind both seats and tweeters in my dash, so that sub would sound good.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:21 PM

mhm. as soon as i resave money i beleive im gonna cut out a section of the back rest of my bench and put in 2 6.5's. hook them to the dual amp i got runnin my sub right now, and upgrade to a real amp to power the sub. not sure if i wanna cut out the seat as of yet. might keep it and figure out some way to keep it functional as a seat with 2 more speakers in there. freakin no room in these trucks. lol. i barely fit a 10in woofer behind the passenger seat, and ive got the tiny little dual amp u can get at best buy for 70 bucks behind the drivers seat.

if i can do it i'll probally hook up the speakers to the dual amp and mount the dual amp over the woofer box behind the pasenger seat, and put the new amp where the dual used to be, build myself a custom box to put in the new 6.5's, which i have yet to buy. lol. this is all posted up in the audio section, but no one ever really goes there. i just started my build up thread in this section of forums, so i'll probally put in pics there of the audio too. if i can find the coupons for free alignments my dads got buried somwhere i'll be well on my way to audio kingdom. lol.

uve got 6x9's behind ur seat? i do want to hear about that. how u got them mounted? u have the extended cab?
Old 05-26-2007, 04:22 PM

never mind, i see them. i think. boxed up sittin on the ground? i thought about that, but i think itd be way cooler to mount em up in a box on the back wall. dangit. alright, im gonna try and get pics to show my ideas. lol
Old 05-26-2007, 04:39 PM

alright. these pics may suck, but oh well. lol. umm, first one is my amp, mounted behind the drivers seat. 2nd one is a pic of the speaker grill off the 6.5's i just installed in my moms minivan, same speakers im lookin to put in my truck. show on the seat where the seat may be cut. 3rd one is the speaker grill on the back wall where it would be. come to think about it, these pics do suck. lol. dangit. its gettin dark outside, and its such a small space in my truck. not to mention ive never been very good at takin pics and doin somethin, like holdin a speaker grill in place, at the same time.

btw, actually held the grill on my seat with my foot. pretty talented.

edit:ps, use the stickers for judgment of where i rly am with stuff in each pic. lol. the stickers are a little off centered to the left, and about 2 inches from the top of the wall where the window starts.
Attached Thumbnails New Meats and Bucket Seats-alanspictures263.jpg   New Meats and Bucket Seats-alanspictures265.jpg   New Meats and Bucket Seats-alanspictures266.jpg  

Last edited by dijlop; 05-26-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:42 PM

btw, i love this junk, and im a crazed teen with tons of ideas. pm me if u have any q's or want my advice on stuff. i'll screw ur truck up real nice for ya. hehehe
Old 05-26-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
With an air space as small as that cab. Wouldn't a basic 8" Boomtube behind the seat be more than enough? Sure, you're not going to get the house shaking bass like some idiots, but it's going to be enough to balance out the music.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:27 PM

i personally think the bass tubes and stuff just dont sound good. i dont have a huge woofer or anything, and im not runnin 1000 watts rms or anything, but my lil 10incher runnin off about 200 watts sounds great. cant wait to get the new amp and clean up my low notes and stuff.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Ah yeah, in my Camry I had a single 12 running like 300 Watts RMS. It was enough for when I was driving down the freeway around 75mph with the windows down, that the bass could be felt and heard. I loved it, but i am glad that I no longer drive that vehicle because the music sounded so good that it was always up loud. I'm on day three of ringing ears from the last show I went to.

Last edited by KevinInSac; 05-26-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:40 PM

lol. mhm. i play mine pretty loud, but eh, im a teen, hopefully i'll grow outa it. lol cant wait to get some more speakers hooked up and stuff. basically need 300 bucks for the whole thing, cause i can ghetto rig everything else. lol. of course that all comes after the 250 im spending on my lift. the joy of working. lol
Old 05-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Heh, I'm a 19 y/o and currently unemployed, but my summer job starts on the 1st. I thought about all the audio stuff I was gonna install into my truck, but then I realized the basic Sony deck and 10disc changer mixed with some random Kenwood speakers is just fine for me. I can load some discs in, and enjoy the drive. I bought my truck to drive, and my home theater to watch movies/listen to music. So I let each thing do what it's supposed to.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:56 PM

true. my head unit plays data discs, so all i need is one cd. and i spend most of my time in my truck, and i love music. therefore, woo, music in my truck. lol

Quick Reply: New Meats and Bucket Seats