Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

New Engine....almost

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Engine....almost

Well the motor in my Runner kicked the bucket so I had to make a decision. I did lots of research on this site as I have done on several occasions in the past. I ended up ordering a 22re from Oregon Engines with over sized valves and a RV cam. I spoke with a guy named John and he was very helpful on the phone. I should have it here by late next week, six days to ship from Oregon to Tennessee. I am also having to replace my exhaust since my stock manifold was nearly cracked in two. I am going to order a header from LCE tomorrow and then have my local exhaust shop finish the setup with a high flow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe and Flowmaster muffler. Sounds like I have a lot of work ahead of me. I have already pulled the motor from my runner, now I just need to drop the tranny and get ready to put it all together. Just thought I would start a thread and I will keep everyone posted on the progress as it goes. Thanks
Old 04-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
should be cool to see the progress and updates. The 22REs are super easy to take out and install.