Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Motocrossaddict's complete auto to manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no the locationg hole is different i believe and mine had some different cutouts on it. You could probably make it work if you wanted to.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:55 PM

i wouldnt do the computer i used an auto comp and its easy just connect two wires together for overdrive and two wires on the neutral start switch go to the lowest sensor on your clutch pedal. I am still working on my reverse lights so as soon as i figure it out ill post some pics up. Also the guy i bought the tranny from upgraded my xcase and tranny so my rear output shaft flange thing was different, to fix this i went on trailgear and got their triple drilled universal flange thing.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:08 PM

Ok ill chek itnout im still havig trouble finding somone near or around modeto california willing tomlen a hand and som tools hah for aom beer or somthin cuz i dont got too much money to bringnit in to an auto shop but i do it myself sorta jus meed tools but Dam that's rough are you talkin about the yolk or watever?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:20 PM

yea if i were not closer id be happy to help but CA is a ways away from FL. Im talking about the rear flange that the rear drive shaft connects to the tranny, you just take that bolt off pull it off and make sure its 30 splines then once your new trailgear flange arrives you just have to bolt it back up.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM

Alright yes I kno wat u talkin bout ha my gramps calls it the yoke I think if we talkin te same but ok it's cool jus gotta keep lookin for help I tryed posting a thread to see if anyone could help me out but I can't post threads it says I'm not able to so idk jus tryna find people round here and message them
Old 04-21-2012, 05:30 PM

I just finished the rough install of my w56c. I still need to wire up the reverse and 4wd lights. AND, the Neutral start, or just jump the wires. I started at 7am and am now done.

I still need to address my interior. I have a nice piece of duct sheet metal that I already made a template for, but I needed to get the truck to move it self so I put that part off till tomorrow. I did drive it today and it was great! I am more tired then I've been in a while.

Last edited by gottadog; 04-23-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:47 PM

U jus need to the reverse and 4wd lights then that's it right? I think there's a forum on here on that? Not sure...wat year is your truck?
Old 04-22-2012, 04:50 AM

its an 88 4runner, i know theres plenty of threads on it but im more of a visual guy and i couldnt see any of their pictures so i finally got around to cracking open my fsm and i found the wires i need. The only thing i have left is to get the pigtail off the reverse light plug on the tranny to splice my wires into. As for 4wd lights i really havent thought much about them, while im in my fsm ill look though.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 AM

o sorry haha i didnt realize you werent asking me.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 AM

No man haha I'm talkin to the guy but I need to kno all this how do a splice the wires ? Mines a 94 is it goina be any different?
Old 04-22-2012, 11:13 AM

yea there will be some color differences, but overall itll be the same. Do you have a haynes manual or some kind of fsm? I just tried to upload my pics of the reverse light and 4wd indicator i just hooked up this morning, but its not working for some reason. Overall once i sourced out wires off my old tranny and studied the fsm for around 45 mins all the wiring only took me maybe 30 mins to triple check and route everything to look factory. I would suggest if you plan on runnig the wires run a length of wire off the switches on the tranny long enough to reach the old auto plugs before you put the manual. I tried to do this with it in and it was no fun at all.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:15 AM

Gottadog, if you need help doing your switches i can take more pics or just direct you towards the wires you need.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:26 AM

Alrite thanks haha n ya I beleave I on my trans I goina be a fricken beach to get out haha but I'll do as u said and haha sounds dum wats an fsm? I can get a manual tho
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Haha you know last year for my 16th birthday I asked for an fsm just because I didn't know what it was but haha I already had two of them ...it stands for factory service manual
Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 AM

Hahahah that's funny sheet man haha I was seein all tht and was jus wondering wtf could fsm mean hah eh so where u from motocross addict
Old 04-22-2012, 01:13 PM

You know where the shuttle goes off well actually used to go off im right over there, and im on the water
Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Haha wat? Where is tht u live near the bay
Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by motocrossaddict223
ook so my newest issuse is my shifter. the guy i bought it from had an extension welded in so it doesnt clear my radio....After working soo hard and even taking the day off of work and school i had it all ready to drive and my shifter wont get into 1st 3rd or 5th. Oh and my clutch pedal doesnt hit the neutral start switch. So if anyones got any ideas id appreciate them.
Hey Motocross, sounds like it came from a truck with a body lift. I would sugjest finding another unmodified shifter. I think the clutch pedal switch is adjustable. I didn't hook mine up I just connected the two wire with a wire nut. I just remember to put it in neutral or push in the clutch. I'm kind of old school and have been driving cars and trucks before someone came up with that safety device. I got my tranny back from the shop and just got it in and except for the fact that I had a couple of bad U joints to replace I would have had it on the road today. Tomorrow for sure! I also still need to figure out the reverse light.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 AM

yea the guy had a 2in body lift so i cut the extension off and just rewelded it, now when i out the knobs on it hits the tcase shifter in reverse. fml. so im gunna heat it up and bend it a little and keep my tcase knob off for a while til i get my new shifter. On a side note where did you hide your ect?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:45 AM

I just through a 5 speed in my 88 Pickup. For the neutral switch, I just jumped the two wires instead of connecting them to anything. Works great. And for the shifters, mine were also a little too far forward and i just bent it a bit in a vice. A friend of mine took it out and welded and angle on to it. Both look clean and feel fine.

Quick Reply: Motocrossaddict's complete auto to manual swap