Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Missfire/Surging

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So worked on the truck this past weekend, turned out the pins were not the problem but it was the plug. I pulled the wiring harness apart and found that about half way between the injector plugs and there the harness goes into the cab. The wire for the first injector and forth injector were nicked. They both had about 1/2" of wire missing. Have no clue how this happened but fixed it and it runs like new again.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 PM

injector cleaning is proly overrated, unless you have really frogged up injectors. usually a cleaning with brake fluid, tranny fluid, some dudes here have used Coke before, or the regular Seafoam cleaning method is all you need, really.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey good to hear you figured it out

i have but a small question to you guys since i have similar problems. i have a thread on this but nobody responds to it much lol. basically i get a stumble and sputter too. how it happens is right after i shift and am just putting the throttle back on i get sputters and bogging for maybe 3-5 seconds then vroom it picks up a little. it mainly happens after shifts and if i use any other throttle than 1/4 or wot. sometimes it will sputter so bad i have to floor it so it will pickup. now here is where i have been sofar. new cap and rotor and plugs, same deal, then it threw a code that it was my afm so i replaced that with a used one, no deal. so then i found an exhaust leak and a big one so i tryed some simple fixing rtv today and it helped for a bit but its still bad lol. so the reason im posting is because it sounds like maybe it could be the ignitor? or a bad wire? anyways what do you think? and sorry if a jacked your thread dude.

91 22re 5spd
Old 06-01-2010, 06:29 AM

91, I would check the TPS sensor resistances per FSM. Also check the resistance of the AFM, and if necessary, check ignition timing. Those are the first things I would check. I'll look for your other thread.