Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Love my Toyota but I rolled it

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i flopped mine at hollister hills but luckily my tybuilt sliders caught a rock and i didnt quite touch dirt.. but boy could you hear my back door slam!

i got out of it with a dent in the pinch weld jk

but yea thats the best thing you can do until you wanna find a new fender..
Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 AM

Alright, ill try to get that done today.

Thanks for the help, ill post later with the results
Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 AM

You might just be able to take the plastic inner fender out of the way and massage it back to close while its still mounted and held still. A hammer and dolly set is cheaper than a fender and you could use it again.
With the door you should just take the inner door panel off. Its easy but be sure to catch the window crank retaining clip. It likes to bounce when it hits the ground.
Roll up the window and push those dents out. While you're in there you might find it easier to cut the head off the screw holding the mirror and then remove the screw from the inside of the door with those vise grips. I don't know what kind of room you will have with the window there.

This is how mine looked

And after pounding
Old 07-06-2009, 04:49 PM

Just replace the fender. It will be alot less of a headache. But maybe I am biased because I am an auto body tech and I hate working on my own stuff.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Were gonna take the door off and hammer the dent out of there, and earlier today i already bent the fender out so the door opens cleanly with just a hammer and a few screwdrivers

Tomorrow were gonna take the truck to a friend's shop and get him to undo the mirror, and were ordering that mirror sometime soon.

The wrecking yards we went to had no mirrors that looked remotely the same , nor did they have any good AC climate control panels so I'll probably just leave that as it is. We did find an AC amplifier for our '82 fj60 so that fixed that

Does anyone know where we can find a stock old style fj60 radio? Ours is broken, and our speakers are too. We took it to the audio place and they said the speakers wont work with windows there, too wide and they cant fit a newer radio in there. Kinda bull to me because my truck has a newer radio in it, still has cassette but I like that because of the ipod cord, plus theres aux too so its all good.

Im going out tonight so there wont be anything done until tomorrow