Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

At a loss need suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question At a loss need suggestion

At a loss here folks, I am trying to get more flex out of the rear. I understand I could go with Chevy but I was curious if even going through the trouble with them would be worth it. I am in need of more droop maybe a little more up travel, Eventually even going to a 37. I have made a pack that currently is okay but from the pictures I have seen I'm better off with a flatter longer spring and tons of droop with a double shackle. SO my question is should I just relocate my rear shackle forward and how much flex is going to be gained, and effects to my pinion angle. Or go ahead with the Chevys and probably gonna have to run a two in block or add a leaf. Rather not run any blocks.

Another question is my ruf leafs sagging they frown a little and I guess I should go ahead with finishing the the bump stops, I haven't had any issues yet not running them so not sure.

The pictures are the current shackle angle and the old ome pack and there is a pic of new setup. (there V shackles) to degree is closer to 90 than anything.
Also a random pictureHow to pack looks now barely visible is the shackle angle on the right.

The height its at now.

Sagging ruf? Because no bump stops?
Old 01-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im wondering if your rear is being hampered by the shocks? Doesn't look like it has much compression before it bottoms out on the tube? Front does look a little flat, bump stops that keep it from going negetive arch will help, or add a leaf from a stock rear spring to improve the arch. Chev 63 is a tried and true method but it kinda looks like your rear shocks are binding?
Old 01-03-2017, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shocks are good I moved them in another notch to the center, have t maxed them out on compressor nore extension there 10 inchers