Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just installed a cherry bomb muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just installed a cherry bomb muffler

25$ Cherry Bomb Glasspack... 4' of 2.25" pipe, no cat, and then the glasspack dumped under the bed, i got an angled one so it clears the axle, this thing is LOUD, sounds like an airplane/old rat rod!

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-17-2009 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Title clarity per posted sticky
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 PM

Sound clip? I don't got the dough for a flowmaster or magnaflow and was thinking about a cherry bomb with 2 1/4 tubing and headers.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would definetly sound rowdy. I used to run my 4banger ranger all the time with open headers when the rest of the exhaust fell off lol. best piece of junk vehicle i ever owned.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh, how I would hate to be your neighbour...

PS has it rusted through yet?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 PM

I bet you it isn't as bad as a 3.0 with open headers and no crossover.

It....is.....loud.....I can't really talk at all in the car.

Video time?

Last edited by 24Runna; 04-16-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 24Runna
I bet you it isn't as bad as a 3.0 with open headers and no crossover.

It....is.....loud.....I can't really talk at all in the car.
yeah I'd probably be throwing nails in your driveway if you were my neighbor
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM

You do that, and I will find you.

Nah, it's just temporary. I get paid friday. Plus I don't really drive it, I use my mom's 4th gen and drive her to work, and then I go to school. Kind of a PITA, but I hydrolocked my engine, and paid for a used one, and spent countless hours installing the used one. I've missed my 4Runner after 6 months of driving the 4th gen or hitching rides.

Though I do have to say I'll miss the 4.0L V6. That thing can stay under 2k and past traffic all day long. Have you seen the cross over for a 4th gen? Just like a crossover you would buy for new headers. Makes it real easy to get some headers and a new system.

/hijack

Back OT. I would be very interested in a sound clip of a cherry bomb, cheap and effective.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
yeah I'd probably be throwing nails in your driveway if you were my neighbor
My neighbor across the street has a Harley with open pipes, he goes to work at 4 a.m. every morning, I live next to a hospital, my neighbor the east of me has a kid who thinks he's black and I've caught him stealing out of my garage, and my other neighbor is an old guy who mows his yard every day during the summer, I don't really care what they think considering I live in a town full of chevys with straight pipes, and civics with fart cannons.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 24Runna
Back OT. I would be very interested in a sound clip of a cherry bomb, cheap and effective.

Sounds good for 25$, I have hardly any exhaust pipe, back to where the gas tank begins, 2.25" pipe, and a 2.25" pipe into 2" its loud as hell, but I've got no cat, sets off car alarms.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt16
Oh, how I would hate to be your neighbour...

PS has it rusted through yet?
Had a glasspack on a van for like three years, it never rusted out.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nooooooo.No more cherrybombs. If you want the power sound, get headers and a flowmaster muffler. I have a cherrybomb (previous owner installed it) and it's annoying. Sounds like I have a lot of power, but I can't out race a classic beetle.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned

Flowmaster are you kidding me? More like FlowCRAP, they flow worse then anything, glasspacks are the most free flowing muffler there is hands down.. Flowmasters have those annoying tin can sounds on everything, it sounds like a homeless guy vomiting in a trashcan in an alleyway and it echoing on and on and on.. I wasn't aware I could run two headers on a 22R at once either though.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-18-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Language Removed
Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I call them Slowmaster.

Take a look at some test results
Old 04-17-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trustyrusty
More like FlowCRAP, they flow worse then anything, glasspacks are the most free flowing muffler there is hands down.. Flowmasters have those annoying tin can sounds on everything, it sounds like a homeless guy vomiting in a trashcan in an alleyway and it echoing on and on and on..
haha. nice comparison.

I do agree, my cherry bomb flows real nice. Its the basic one, straight tube. It doesnt sound like crap either. Theres only drone when the windows are down but other then that its pretty quiet. Well when you want it to be.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trustyrusty
Flowmaster are you F'n kidding me? More like FlowCRAP, they flow worse then anything, glasspacks are the most free flowing muffler there is hands down.. Flowmasters have those annoying tin can sounds on everything, it sounds like a homeless guy vomiting in a trashcan in an alleyway and it echoing on and on and on.. I wasn't aware I could run two headers on a 22R at once either though.
Just because glass packs are free flowing doesnt mean theyre the most power friendly.If that were the case i would run just headers

Your motor likes back compression
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
lol, oh I've been the annoying neighbor with the lound vehicle more than once...

with my 87 Heep Cherokee with the 4.0 when the muffler rusted completely off , and my 82 Monte Carlo, that is apparently, after a bored and cammed 4 bolt main 350 swap, too loud with true duals, no cats, and glass packs... I thought it sounded purdy darn good but no one in my neighborhood did... epecially when I'd come home on the weekends at 3am, lol. the police weren't a big fan either...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by algranger
Just because glass packs are free flowing doesnt mean theyre the most power friendly.If that were the case i would run just headers

Your motor likes back compression
My truck pulls higher RPM's alot better now, I couldn't tell you if I lost or gained anything really, I've got maybe 90 ft lbs of torque, and 33's on stock gears, if yo want fast, or power, you are lookin in the wrong direction if you have a 22R..
Old 04-18-2009, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet it sounds like CRAP, but you're the kind of person that doesnt realize it sounds like complete crap, you think its "badass". leave the loud exhaust for vehicles that perform as well as they sound.
I'm sure if you saw a stock honda civic 4-door with a huge fart cannon you would think thats some stupid ricer with his stupid sounding civic... well you're that guy, you're just driving a old suv
Old 04-18-2009, 01:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blacklabel
I bet it sounds like CRAP, but you're the kind of person that doesnt realize it sounds like complete crap, you think its "badass". leave the loud exhaust for vehicles that perform as well as they sound.
I'm sure if you saw a stock honda civic 4-door with a huge fart cannon you would think thats some stupid ricer with his stupid sounding civic... well you're that guy, you're just driving a old suv
I'm inclined to agree. People will just see a kid with an beater truck who can't afford to fix his exhaust...
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by blacklabel
leave the loud exhaust for vehicles that perform as well as they sound.
That's the point I was trying to make. It's the power sound without the actual power behind it.

It's loud, yes, but very little power gain.

Quick Reply: Just installed a cherry bomb muffler