86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I've been hit!!! I'm pissed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been hit!!! I'm pissed!

So, I back my truck up to my house and I get to looking at my bumper and noticed its all looking (the rear one). Then, I look at the passenger side and notice a huge scratch/scrape that is a nasty looking dent...some head hit me and didn't have the balls to stick around. The black plastic piece on my bumper was all pushed up and I snapped it back. With my old truck someone kicked it at school and put a dent in it on the bed side. I don't know where this happened and I DID NOT back into anything...this was not my fault.

You know, I realize my truck my truck is 17 years old and already has dents. But it still doesn't give people the right to dent my . If it was my fault I would be o.k with it, since I did it. If someone had the balls to tell me I would forgive them...but just hit and run!!!

Anybody else had some duche bag hit there truck and flee like a pansy?

Last edited by 91Toyota; 03-25-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:20 PM

That sucks dude.

No I have not, but I did have my lil sister who was 15 at the time crash my truck. I went to pick her up at the high school one day. I walked over to a friends car while waiting for her when she walked by. I was deep in conversation when she walked up, so I gave her the keys to keep warm (the truck was locked and in winter, I had no intention of letting her start it). As I was walking back to my truck I watched it T-bone the truck parked ahead of me. IT WAS LIKE SLOW MOTION. I was furious! By the time I got there she was already bawling her eyes out. As it turns out she put the clutch in, turned the key, took the clutch out (it was in first, no parking brake). She knew how to work the clutch, but not put it in neutral/foot on brake/use parking brake. Needless to say she has not started my truck or any other manual since (she is now 17). She is terrified of manuals. That is the end of my lil story.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:06 PM

lol...thats horrible. That really sucks. What kind of damage did she do?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 91Toyota
Yep, twice. That's why I haven't put on the impossible to find NOS genuine Toyota rear bumper I got for my 84.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep, twice and I was in the damn truck to boot! No damage to my ride, theirs got a little wrinkled. And they give me a wierd look when I call them out on it... jerks.

Good thing I have the marlin rear bumper. Gonna take ALOT to mess that up One good thing about driving a lifted truck, most cars will not make contact with my truck up until their windsheild
Old 03-25-2008, 05:04 PM

I had a tree hit my rear bumper this weekend. Neck is still hurting. Have no clue on how im going to bend this I-beam back. Dang tree never apologized or anything
Old 03-25-2008, 05:06 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, someone hit my door with thiers and another person managed to just barely tap my front bumper enough to push it very slightly in.

Course on the other hand I had someone PLOW into the back of a towtruck I was driving about 3 months back. They totaled thier civic and I had scratches on my wheel lift.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:10 PM

God damn people. I don't know where they learned how to drive. I can't believe people get to drive. My friend has already been in two wrecks, another friend rolled his truck, and another rolled his truck too. I do way more stuff than all of them and I have not hit a damn thing. I just lost respect for a lot of people.

I wonder if you can heat the rear bumper up and bend it back?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by loacyota
I had a tree hit my rear bumper this weekend. Neck is still hurting. Have no clue on how im going to bend this I-beam back. Dang tree never apologized or anything
The tree hit your bumper Gracie? hahaha
Old 03-25-2008, 05:14 PM

yeah in a walmart parking lot... im sure though that they took ALOT more damage than they gave

I dont know, Its a 3 or 4 inch i-beam, dont remember. But its 1/4 thick. would probably need 2 people heating on it to retain the heat needed.... It isnt coming off to replace. would take way to much time, its welded in there pretty good. Think ill just leave it. tells a good story and gives the truck character. sorry bout ur bumper, if someone hit my tundra they are dead meat.

And yea, that stupid tree came out of nowhere, climbed the hill and it wasnt there, rolling back down and it jumped out in back of me.

Last edited by loacyota; 03-25-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Contributing Member

So, I back my truck up to my house and I get to looking at my bumper and noticed its all looking (the rear one). Then, I look at the passenger side and notice a huge scratch/scrape that is a nasty looking dent...some head hit me and didn't have the balls to stick around. The black plastic piece on my bumper was all pushed up and I snapped it back. With my old truck someone kicked it at school and put a dent in it on the bed side. I don't know where this happened and I DID NOT back into anything...this was not my fault.

You know, I realize my truck my truck is 17 years old and already has dents. But it still doesn't give people the right to dent my . If it was my fault I would be o.k with it, since I did it. If someone had the balls to tell me I would forgive them...but just hit and run!!!

yeah those OE Chrome bumpers look pretty strong but they're really pretty soft when you come down to it...
Had it happen to me a few times in various vehicles...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by loacyota
I dont know, Its a 3 or 4 inch i-beam, dont remember. But its 1/4 thick. would probably need 2 people heating on it to retain the heat needed.... It isnt coming off to replace. would take way to much time, its welded in there pretty good. Think ill just leave it. tells a good story and gives the truck character. sorry bout ur bumper, if someone hit my tundra they are dead meat.
Yeah I got rear ended in my 87 one time by a ford minivan... me two bumper mount bolts $2.50 from dealer... him whole new front end [possibly writen off IDK]... driving a Toyota truck priceless...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:21 PM

Last week someone broke my drivers sideview mirror off. I can't figure out how they did it.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My biggest dumb moment was when I opened the door of a 54 Mercury hard on a brand new Ferrari. Right in front of the owner.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
That sucks...since you live in Salem I would have blamed it on my Grandma, but she departed this earth a long time ago. When she passed away her 1970 Riveria looked like it had been through a demolition derby, she would find a spot in a parking lot and think she would fit...with a Buick 455.5CI in it, she made it fit
Old 03-25-2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
That sucks...since you live in Salem I would have blamed it on my Grandma, but she departed this earth a long time ago. When she passed away her 1970 Riveria looked like it had been through a demolition derby, she would find a spot in a parking lot and think she would fit...with a Buick 455.5CI in it, she made it fit
lol. It's o.k, my grandma has almost killed a couple motorcyclist, hit various curbs, revs it to 4k rpm every time, practically locks up her brakes when stopping...and she has to swing her door way open. She lives in Albany...so you and me are alright
Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 PM

I got a story. This was in my car, not the truck. I was sitting in my now ex girlfriends schools parking lot waiting to pick her up after class when this car pulls up next to me, me sitting in the car, A girl open up the rear door and I can feel it slam into my car. I look over and not even a glance over im my direction. three other girls get out of the car and they leave. Me sitting in the car the whole time. I got out and there was a ding right in my rear drivers side door. Mind you it kind of helped that it was a car full of atractive young girls in field hockey uniforms (witch includes a plaid skirt) but still a sorry would of been nice!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:45 PM

lol...thats horrible. That really sucks. What kind of damage did she do?
About 1300 dollas to mine and about 3000 dollas to the other guy (hit his cab and box)... My bumper, valence, and hood, along w/ mounts, paint, etc., had to be done.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a car, 12 hours after I drove it off the lot I hit a deer,then it got broken into, someone hit it in a parking lot and took off, and the some jack hole comes out in front of me and makes me t-bone him, all within 3 months...anyway that finally wrote off that curses Kia. And with the insurance money I bought my yota.

Quick Reply: I've been hit!!! I'm pissed!