Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior/Exterior refurb thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I need pic's, after browsing a few Toyota part supplier's, came across Village Toyota Parts, found I was able to select items needed thru diagrams in replacing clips and faster to reassemble the door panels; in addition, seals and bushing needed to repair sloppy automatic trans shifter, now like new. I was looking for a quick fix, did not compare prices but seemed reasonable?
Old 05-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lastcall
I need pic's, after browsing a few Toyota part supplier's, came across Village Toyota Parts, found I was able to select items needed thru diagrams in replacing clips and faster to reassemble the door panels; in addition, seals and bushing needed to repair sloppy automatic trans shifter, now like new. I was looking for a quick fix, did not compare prices but seemed reasonable?
Interesting. Between Toyota Parts Deal, Olathe Toyota (or Ola The Toyota ), and my dealer's part's counter, I've just about found everything. I wish I had access to their book. I can roughly describe a part and the parts guy can find it in minutes.

Another interesting topic/question is dealing with squeaks and rattles. My whole dash feels loose on the right side, and recently, I've had a horrible squeak that comes and goes coming from what sounds like the center right. Argh! Anyone experience something similar?

On 2nd gens, the steering wheel column cover is an awful design, if you hit it often with your knees, the plastic studs break off leaving you with a cover that rattle's loosely.
I have a plan for fixing both issues. First, hot glue and JB weld a washer on the broken stud. Then, wrap the column in eggshell or similar foam, reducing the gap and strengthening the shell a bit. I have yet to do this, but I think it will work!
Old 09-06-2017, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 1991 DLX standard cab, and I plan on tackling my interior this weekend, provided that Irma doesn't ruin my plans. I have to replace the radio console section, and at the same time will be installing a radio, dash speakers, AC control panel, clock radio, and hopefully replacing the bulbs in my instrument cluster. I have not found any pictures of how to do this, but I have a feeling that if I go screw for screw, I should be fine. I would love to do the upper dash at this time, but I'm afraid if I removed the whole thing, it might be a little too much for a weekend job. Does anyone have any advice, tips, or warnings for me? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Interior/Exterior refurb thread-toy14.jpg   Interior/Exterior refurb thread-toy15.jpg  
Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
For those era, you start on the left and work your way across and up, opposite of a first gen 4runner. There are diagrams in the FSM also.