86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I'm just at a loss now

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy I'm just at a loss now

Ive been to Carquest, Advance, Oreilys, Toyota Dealership. and even a irragation store that deals in lots of metric stuff. According to all them there is no way to put a aftermarket oil pressure guage on a 22RE. I told them i have seen pics on here with aftermarket gauges in them. They said well, yall had them in there for looks because theres not a fitting made that will work unless you all taped the block with new threads. Ive been in the road since 7 this morning trying to make this work. I just don't know where to go from here.

Last edited by Robrt32; 04-02-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try a hardware store
Old 04-02-2007, 09:09 AM

been there forgot to mention it
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So the oil port is BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread), but the oil pressure sender is NPT, correct? If so, I would look on www.mcmaster.com . if anyone has it, they do.

Here area a couple of fittings I found, I don't know what size the threads are for the oil pressure port though, so with that number you can decide which one is right.

P/N: 4860K143

Brass Threaded Pipe Fitting BSPT Male X NPT Female, 3/8" Adapter, 1-33/64" L

In stock at $9.91 Each

P/N: 4860K142

Brass Threaded Pipe Fitting BSPT Male X NPT Female, 1/4" Adapter, 1-21/64" L

In stock at $6.03 Each
Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 AM

auto meter sells the correct fitting
Old 04-04-2007, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by mastacox
www.mcmaster.com . if anyone has it, they do.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:02 AM

I effing hate all the chain stores we have now. I used to love when you could go to the counter at the local parts place, describe your problem and the guy would just sort of go out back and come back with what you wanted without even having a computer.

I have a SunPro oil pressure gauge that was bought at VIP on my 22RE.

Sunpro sells the metric fitting kit. It comes with four fittings and it is part number CP7573. I never did buy it. I simply rethreaded my fitting to the metric thread and used a thread sealer when I installed it. I couldn't wait to order it at the time and it's been working fine with no leaks for over a year. Although I guess I should still order the right ones. I also wanted to get the copper tubing kit because I was told the teflon tubing wears down and leaks after a while but I never ordered that either.

Here is a link to the fittings. http://www.sunpro.com/product_detail.php?pid=16338
Old 04-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by maxpower_hd
I effing hate all the chain stores we have now. I used to love when you could go to the counter at the local parts place, describe your problem and the guy would just sort of go out back and come back with what you wanted without even having a computer.

I have a SunPro oil pressure gauge that was bought at VIP on my 22RE.

Sunpro sells the metric fitting kit. It comes with four fittings and it is part number CP7573. I never did buy it. I simply rethreaded my fitting to the metric thread and used a thread sealer when I installed it. I couldn't wait to order it at the time and it's been working fine with no leaks for over a year. Although I guess I should still order the right ones. I also wanted to get the copper tubing kit because I was told the teflon tubing wears down and leaks after a while but I never ordered that either.

Here is a link to the fittings. http://www.sunpro.com/product_detail.php?pid=16338

Thanks man, I will go to Advance tomorow with the part number and get them to order it........thanks again, i was ready to give up..
Old 04-04-2007, 04:30 PM

Will that SunPro kit work? Has somone used fittings from www.mcmaster.com? If so can someone tell me EXACTLY which one I read alot of posts on this before but no one said exactly what part and/or how it worked

Last edited by ShortyzKustomz; 04-04-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: to subscribe
Old 04-04-2007, 04:36 PM

I have a sun pro kit that I just screwed right into the block with the adapter I got.

I'll post the part number tomorrow since it seems to be so hard to find
Old 04-05-2007, 07:03 AM

try a hydraulics store - one that makes hoses and what not. bst is somewhat common in hydraulics. they should have an adapter from bst to pipe.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Contributing Member

Good luck with this one, let us know what ou end up doing, and how it works out.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by operose
I have a sun pro kit that I just screwed right into the block with the adapter I got.

I'll post the part number tomorrow since it seems to be so hard to find
Same here. It just worked.

Rob
Old 04-05-2007, 02:53 PM

I went to Advance today and ordered the adapter kit.. They said prolly 4 days before it comes in.. I had the part number and dude still had look through 3 books and made 2 phone calls before the order was placed.. This is 1 hard adapter to get your hands on in MS.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:27 PM

Well most of the people around here at Advance are 16 and they're knowledge consists of putting a shift knob on a Honda, so I feel your pain. Took 15 mins to order a K&N for my carb'd truck..Also I do recomend the copper tubing, The plastic one busted in my Nissan and ended up dumping a quart of oil on top of my head-unit and all my wiring before I could get pulled over and the motor off.

Last edited by ShortyzKustomz; 04-05-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:08 AM

For future reference, you can also order it right from Sunpro. I just ordered the adaptors and the copper kit for $32. I've heard of too many people having problems with the palstic and I really don't feel like rebuilding it again.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by ShortyzKustomz
Will that SunPro kit work? Has somone used fittings from www.mcmaster.com? If so can someone tell me EXACTLY which one I read alot of posts on this before but no one said exactly what part and/or how it worked
The sun pro kit SHOULD work since that is exactly what it is for. It is a basic adaptor. They include four different ones so it should work on vitually any metric setup unless you have some kind of exotic set up or something.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 AM

Advance called this morning, I just got back from picking them up. I got it up on ramps letting it cool off a little before i start.. going to change oil to while i'm under there.. The north wind is gonna be a little cool on my but too....
Old 04-06-2007, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by maxpower_hd
The sun pro kit SHOULD work since that is exactly what it is for. It is a basic adaptor. They include four different ones so it should work on vitually any metric setup unless you have some kind of exotic set up or something.
The sunpro kit i got came with only 1 fitting and it was the wrong threads.. It mightbe a basic adapter where you live but not here.. On Advances Computer they showed 4 , 2 in the mid west and 2 in the east, that they could get anyway
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 AM

The gauge kit itself that I got only came with the standard ASE fittings, one for each end of the line.

What I mean by a standard fitting is that it is just a metric fitting, even though Advance doesn't have it. If you happen to know the exact one you need, I'm sure you could order it from any supply house. The metric fitting kit I mentioned comes with four different metric fittings so it can fit almost any metric set up. It has to be purchased seperately and if the Advance in Mississippi is anything like the Advance in Massachusetts, they can't look up basic tune up parts without screwing it up, let alone ordering something "special".

I personally HATE Dan and Rich at our store because they suck so bad. I have to ask for the manager. However, that is a whole different thread. I have so many stories about those dumbasses that I could write a book, or at least a short story.

That's why I just ordered it directly from Sunpro. The fitting kit alone is $10.

Quick Reply: I'm just at a loss now