Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need to buy a fuel pump bracket - where do I go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:29 AM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to buy a fuel pump bracket - where do I go?

I need a fuel pump bracket that holds the pump and has all of the lines and so on for the send/return and all of the connectors. This is for an 89 22R-E, any one get me in the right direction?
Old 12-25-2007, 08:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
toyota dealership. call jay marks/champion toyota in texas. they had the best price shipped to my door. 1-800-327-2087, ask for Jeff. he'll hook you up.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:16 AM

try fixing yours first, a bracket is like $150ish
Old 12-25-2007, 09:18 AM

meh, for only $150, it's good piece of mind just to buy a new one as far as i'm concerned. i mean, you don't want something like that breaking on the trail.

(unless by fixing it, you mean drill out the stock lines, and have -AN fittings brazed onto it for the feed and return, then run SS braided lines (-6 would suffice) to and from the motor)

that's what i'll be doing during the 7m swap.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:18 PM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
will an 85 style bracket fit my 89 tank? I saw a new kit with new lines and sensors for like 124.00 plus 10.00 shipping, it looked identical but I wasnt sure. If it comes up again could i get it and have it fit? I will surely do a new one and replace the pump while I have it down. That was a bitch dropping the tank.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:47 PM

heh, you dropped the tank? i found it much, MUCH easier to simply remove the bed. my bro and i just lifted it off.

i'm not sure about the '85 to '89 compatibility. hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

seriously though, it was wicked easy to remove the bed. (if you have air tools) it also gives you GREAT access to the frame for rustproofing.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by 89whitetoyota
will an 85 style bracket fit my 89 tank? I saw a new kit with new lines and sensors for like 124.00 plus 10.00 shipping, it looked identical but I wasnt sure. If it comes up again could i get it and have it fit? I will surely do a new one and replace the pump while I have it down. That was a bitch dropping the tank.

you'll have to take your VIN to the dealer, thats the only way they would sell me one.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by shaeff
meh, for only $150, it's good piece of mind just to buy a new one as far as i'm concerned. i mean, you don't want something like that breaking on the trail.

(unless by fixing it, you mean drill out the stock lines, and have -AN fittings brazed onto it for the feed and return, then run SS braided lines (-6 would suffice) to and from the motor)

that's what i'll be doing during the 7m swap.

with mine i just cut the metal lines back to where they wern't that rusty, bought about 5' of high pressure hose and just used that. I've got a 3" body lift, it makes things under there a heck of alot easier to work on.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:57 PM

i don't trust high pressure hose unless it's SS braided, and connected to -AN fittings. (mainly because of turbocharged applications)
Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 AM

I got a new unit from the Toyota dealership here in Cincinnati. My luck he had 5 in stock directly related to my Vin number. I did kick out a buck fifty for it but what the hell its new and the right piece.

Thanks for the help here guys!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:42 PM

I got one from napa for 50 dollars
Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 PM

We had a napa here like 17 years ago and then it disappeared into thin air. Napa seems to have good parts but they didnt like the area I guess.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skife
you'll have to take your VIN to the dealer, thats the only way they would sell me one.
+1

My Parts guy said for these trucks, in the 90 model year alone, there were three styles for the V6 motor, haha.

this is a VIN sensative part, and apparently only sold at Toyota dealers.

Mine was cheap, at $107. He said they can range in price from 100-250 bucks, so... Take your VIN to them, they'll help you out.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:46 AM

Is there an aftermarket fuel tank?

Originally Posted by bigarms23
I got one from napa for 50 dollars
Big Arms,

if you're still out there, how about the phone number for your NAPA store. It's worth the post to get it from them. I have a theoretical NAPA affiliate nearby but they had no interest whatsoever in chasing this part down for me.

in the 90 model year alone, there were three styles for the V6 motor, haha. this is a VIN sensative part,
bigtrucknwheels

On the 4 cyl. models from the beginning of fuel injection thru the end of 80's I've only seen one bracket and I've seen a fair number of these. Certainly could remanufacture, but I'm thinking over a hundred bucks for a tube and flange is a lot of change for a part that always goes before the rest of the truck. I've never had a fuel pump go, only the bracket. Maybe my experience is the exception that proves the rule.

Maybe someone just makes an aftermarket fuel tank, hadn't thought of that. Generally I have to have any old tank I'm working on boiled out so I can weld it as necessary and heat the fittings for the pump and fuel gauge flange to get the inevitable broken off bolt ends out. I know some popular models you can get after market tanks, but I don't know if these mid to late 80's pick-ups qualify. And I don't know if they would be set up for some more universal pump or fuel sender mount.

will an 85 style bracket fit my 89 tank? I saw a new kit with new lines and sensors for like 124.00 plus 10.00 shipping, it looked identical
89whitetoyota

how about a link for this kit. Like to have a look. The sensor is kind of a consumable part also, although I have been bringing them back by soaking the business end of the electrics in muriatic acid to get the corrosion off the hinge pivots that have to transmit ground.

toyota dealership. call jay marks/champion toyota in texas. they had the best price shipped to my door. 1-800-327-2087, ask for Jeff.
Shaeff

thanks for that tip. I'll try him and see how competitive they are.

Brian 86 red , white and blue toyotas