86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Helping my buddy with his truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helping my buddy with his truck

Hey.. I'm helping a buddy out trying to get his truck back going.. 88 yota 22re. About 5 yrs ago it jumped time and he warped his head and went and bought another motor. It was carbed and I told him then to take that crap off and put his efi on it to Keep things simple but he didn't listen..

Sooo.. I put the motor in for him when I was bored, he said he'd get it going.. Now here it is 5 yrs later and he's trying to put it back right and having trouble.

He's getting code 14 which I believe is going to be a writing issue bc he wired the harness back up after he cut it.. Smh.. So he probably left some stuff not connected good.. The truck is currently firing up and going back dead in like 5 seconds.. Got fuel and spark. I spray gas in the intake and it runs until i stop...New coil .. Haven't jumped fp & b+ yet but on the agenda.

I can probably handle that, but I have a question about where some stuff goes, and maybe stuff I don't need etc..

First, can anyone show me where the vacuum hose coming off fuel pressure regulator goes to?

Second, can I delete the ac idle control? He has no ac.. And the thing the houses run to is broke anyways.

Third, I'm putting a pic with this post, the big hose under the cs injector on the intake, where does it run exactly? It blows air, and he has a bolt stuck in it right now. Trying to get it right.

4th, lastly, can anyone show me how to hook up the idle air control valve located under intake port ( coolant goes through it I believe). I need to know how to plug it off or if I need it what hoses do I need to get..

Edit.. One more thing, where can I find an elbow for the intake tubing? Can I just use some of that intake stuff from autozone? Accordion type stuff?

Sorry so long but this truck needs help.

Last edited by Terrys87; 09-17-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Terminology
Old 09-10-2017, 08:22 PM

The arrows point to what i want to delete. the fat hose under the cs injector there is what i can't figure out what it's supposed to run to, it has a bolt n it right now

Last edited by Jdeaton0; 09-10-2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Terminology
Old 09-10-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
What you're wanting to delete is called the ac idle up vsv, the hoses connect to the ac idle up valve. The vsv kicks up idle rpm when the ac compressor clutch is engaged via a controlled vacuum leak through the ac idle up valve. To delete it, remove hoses, unplug the electrical connection and cap the ports on the idle up valve.

The big hose hose under the cold start injector connects to the auxiliary air valve, which is bolted to the manifold directly under the throttle body. There's another hose that leads from the aux air valve to the left side of the throttle body. I suppose you could cap both those ports, but I'd expect bad cold starts.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f115...re-vsv-158771/
Old 09-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Thanks man.. Just trying to get this mess out of the way.. Guess he cut hoses when he thought he was going carb lol.. Just gonna cap them off for now just to get him on the road. If he has trouble starting at any time he can find the hoses. Going to delete the ac idle control.

I know I can look when I get back over there, but I'm trying to get the game plan in my head before I get back over there. No reception over there.. What color is the igt and igf wires? Coming out of the ECU connector. Just curious bc I seen a white with blue stripe wire and I think a white with yellow stripe wire cut loose hanging under the intake where all the wires run..

Last edited by Jdeaton0; 09-10-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Terminology