Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Heater core change-out on a 91 PU!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBluePile
heheehhe man that just DOESN'T get old!!! LOL!!
lmao, you wunna know something kinda funny though

I was installing the steering column and noticed that I needed to put the return springs back on for the clutch and brake pedal (they have to be removed because they attach to the support bar, which, like everything else, has to be removed to get to the damn heater core ). So I go to install the brake pedal return spring, and I actually stopped for a second... looked at the joint where the rod connects to the pedal... and thought to myself for a second... "I wonder just how much trouble it really would be do pull that thing out and..."... then the thought paused for a second... and a new thought ran through my mind... "... then I'd have to unhook the brake lines, and in the end I'd have to bleed all the brakes... I really don't feel like doing that today... or even tomorrow for that matter..."

So hey, I did think about that today, lmao
Old 12-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Hey man, don't wrap your head around those brake lines. When I pulled my booster out of the junkyard I carefully pulled the master cylinder forward(I might have loosened up some other things too to free the lines a little, I can't remember) and got the booster out without having to remove brake lines. When I got back to the garage I did the same thing to my old booster and haven't had a problem.

I'm just sayin....
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

you give me hope BBP...

lol, MAYBE...

depends on how bored I get these next few days....

Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced the heater core in mine a few months back...took me a whole day sadly lol
Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
then I'd have to unhook the brake lines, and in the end I'd have to bleed all the brakes... I really don't feel like doing that today... or even tomorrow for that matter..."
Given your screen name, isn't that like Superman not feeling like putting on his cape?
Old 12-29-2009, 05:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
lmao, you wunna know something kinda funny though <snip>
If you grab a small paint gun (air compressor driven) you could probably mask off everything in the 'bay, as well as the surrounding truck parts and paint it where it is. I used a small spray gun on my frame when I had the bed off a few weeks back, worked great, and the paint looked great afterward as well.

Originally Posted by flyingbrass
Given your screen name, isn't that like Superman not feeling like putting on his cape?
More like a Dane Cook skit.

Originally Posted by Dane Cook
We laugh,but we love violence in this country, we like violence.We have those little violent tendencies.Im not the only person, i know your like me when you see somebody walking down the street wearing a Superman T-shirt, you just wanna shoot them in the chest.(Bough)And when they start to bleed go,'I guess not.Dont wear the shirt.Wear a shirt that says 'I bleed if you shoot me in the chest plate'.And i will not shoot you in the chest plate.Superbleeder.Hahaha, I called him Superbleeder
Old 12-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by flyingbrass

Originally Posted by shaeff

More like a Dane Cook skit.

Originally Posted by Dane Cook
We laugh,but we love violence in this country, we like violence.We have those little violent tendencies.Im not the only person, i know your like me when you see somebody walking down the street wearing a Superman T-shirt, you just wanna shoot them in the chest.(Bough)And when they start to bleed go,'I guess not.Dont wear the shirt.Wear a shirt that says 'I bleed if you shoot me in the chest plate'.And i will not shoot you in the chest plate.Superbleeder.Hahaha, I called him Superbleeder
I see someone else knows the roots of my name on here! or wait, did I tell you
Old 12-29-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You explained here, but still...
Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I see someone else knows the roots of my name on here! or wait, did I tell you
Negative, you never told me. As soon as I read your name I laughed out loud about it.

[threadjack] 4 times a year I take a 4 hour trip for my job. It's a long, boring road. If/when I get tired, I listen to stand-up comedians, and Dane Cook is one of the few that keeps me awake/laughing during that trip. [/threadjack]