Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Have you done the Sea foam/ Mystery oil?

Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like pickles.

what did you do with the other 2/3 can?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea where you get I am trying to be a 'smart guy' , All I am trying to
do , and I thought I was being clear, was trying to clear up the misconceptions about Seafoam, and it's use. As far as snake oil, I would say no it is not, I talked to one person, that is a part time drag racer, and has been around racing a long time, and they told me alot of the peeps she has been around for, in the racing game for many years, have also used Seafoam. Plus they have been around for I think about 50 years now, So if it was snakeoil, and it is not like they advertise, i think they would have been found out by now, and went out of business a long time ago.
Nor am I trying to make an arguement, what arguement are you saying I am trying to start? Or prove , ' my product is way better than yours'. I told everyone possible, about all the testing this product has undergone, and what it protects against, longterm. If atf or some other product can also legitimately make these claims with proof, and you can show it to us, then I will gladly use ATF, or whatever other product claims to do the same amount as good, without any ill side-effects.
Also, they do have a transmission product, but I am not talking about that.
I have no idea if you can replace trans oil with Seafoam totally.

Last edited by rangerruck; 12-01-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
I like pickles.

Mix 1:3 parts with Vermouth for a real ear-curler.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Matt16
Mix 1:3 parts with Vermouth for a real ear-curler.

so, there is a bone of humor in there.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by rangerruck
I have no idea where you get I am trying to be a 'smart guy' , All I am trying to
do , and I thought I was being clear, was trying to clear up the misconceptions about Seafoam, and it's use. As far as snake oil, I would say no it is not, I talked to one person, that is a part time drag racer, and has been around racing a long time, and they told me alot of the peeps she has been around for, in the racing game for many years, have also used Seafoam. Plus they have been around for I think about 50 years now, So if it was snakeoil, and it is not like they advertise, i think they would have been found out by now, and went out of business a long time ago.
Nor am I trying to make an arguement, what arguement are you saying I am trying to start? Or prove , ' my product is way better than yours'. I told everyone possible, about all the testing this product has undergone, and what it protects against, longterm. If atf or some other product can also legitimately make these claims with proof, and you can show it to us, then I will gladly use ATF, or whatever other product claims to do the same amount as good, without any ill side-effects.
Also, they do have a transmission product, but I am not talking about that.
I have no idea if you can replace trans oil with Seafoam totally.
It's odd.
I was once a certified mechanic for Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel and Cummins engines, and not once was "Seafoam" brought up in any discussion.
Isn't it odd, that it wasn't brought up at least once?
We had discussions about Lucas and "Marvel" but not one about Seafoam.
I was certified almost 20 years ago. And back then, Napa didn't carry it... nor did Kragen or Chief autoparts.
Oh, it must have been an industrial thing?
TA didn't carry it. IH service centers didn't have it. Case Tractors, nor Caterpillar industrial had it either. My local Down's didn't, nor did any CFA affiliate.
But every one of them had Lucas on the shelves. Considering 50 years of "proven" history, I'd think at least one of the sources mentioned above would've had it.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:52 PM

I do like Lucas products; I like their gas additive, and also their oil stop leak oil product. Did you know they have a football stadium named after
them now? Pretty impressive.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 PM

If I had enough money, I could have a stadium named after me as well.... well at least until I stopped paying for it.
It's called 'sponsoring'.
Notice there is no "Joe Namath" Stadium? There isn't a "Michael Jordan" arena?

If I tried really hard, maybe I could get a library named after me, but then that is called 'dedicating'.
... and I haven't found the "Seafoam Library and Book Repository" yet.

Last edited by abecedarian; 12-01-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 PM

...'dedicating'... now that's funny!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
I like pickles.

another third in the tank. I think it says on the can to put the third third in the oil, but I did not wanna do that. I heard it's not a good idea. So I just saved it for another session.

edit: might not be on the can. heard it somewhere, but didn't wanna do it.

Last edited by Yotas&Jellos; 12-01-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:02 AM

No, it's fine to put in the oil, you just have to be prepared to know that you are going to have to do a oil change in the next few days. As it cleans out your crank case, your oil is going to get dirty real fast, and the filter.
The Seafoam dude said he use it as a mechanic to clean out the crankcase, usually two or three treatments, and once it is clean to how he likes, he then just uses a couple of ounces per oil change, just for maintenance.