Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Gasoline in Oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Gasoline in Oil

For some odd reason, there is always gas in my oil.

I'm not sure how to go about this, as i'm not sure how it's getting in there.
This is a 22RE btw. All of the injectors (and cold start) are in spec, the injectors themselves do seem to be seated loosely (one even jiggles up and down), but there is no sign of leakage from any of them (even though they look like zombie injectors).

I'm pretty sure the only way into the engine is through the injectors, but they seem to be functioning properly.

Is there anything i'm missing?
Old 01-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Head Gasket, rings (someone got the fuel and oil cooler lines mixed up)!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If one or more injectors were leaking then it would be unlikely that you would have external evidence. Does the engine run rough and misfire when first started? This would be the first evidence of leaking injectors. Fuel can also enter the intake manifold directly through the vacuum hose to the pressure regulator if the regulator is leaking.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Injectors sitting loosely is normal.
I think you've likely got a driping/leaking injector also.. It's very hard to find w/o removing the intake plenum.. I'd send my injectors off to witchhunter (including the cold start) - clean, inspection, flow testing (he'll tell you if they're leaking), new rubber for $15/each.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by trx125
Head Gasket, rings (someone got the fuel and oil cooler lines mixed up)!
When I recieved the truck, I could tell the engine swap was a hack job. I should check those lines out.
But i'm pretty sure the rings are just out.

Originally Posted by Targetnut
If one or more injectors were leaking then it would be unlikely that you would have external evidence. Does the engine run rough and misfire when first started? This would be the first evidence of leaking injectors. Fuel can also enter the intake manifold directly through the vacuum hose to the pressure regulator if the regulator is leaking.
The engine runs fine (except for the AFM issue), but gets harder to start as the oil thins. I wasn't aware the Fuel Pressure Regulator could suck gas into the maifold.

Originally Posted by dcg9381
Injectors sitting loosely is normal.
I think you've likely got a driping/leaking injector also.. It's very hard to find w/o removing the intake plenum.. I'd send my injectors off to witchhunter (including the cold start) - clean, inspection, flow testing (he'll tell you if they're leaking), new rubber for $15/each.
I completely took apart the intake to remove the injectors, and upon inspection, they just look beat to death. I wonder if they're worth saving at all? Until I can come up with $70, i'll just have to get a set from the junkyard I guess.

Mixed up lines, Bad FPR, Leaking injectors. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be back as I run into more problems.