Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front bumper update II

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Front bumper update II

Well it's been a crazy couple weeks so I have not had much time too work on my bumper so I decided it was time today to get back to it.

So I got a lot of things done and it is almost ready to go to get LINE Xed just need to add the front receiver and double check things and off it go's to LINE Xing.

SO here are some pics let me know what ya all think regardless I am mounting it and using it after all this work into it. 1/4 steel is heavy and solid.

Stock bumper removed preparing for test fit
Transmission jack used to set bumper in position and align Exhaust jacks to help hold it into position and keep the weight off the frame until I get it where I want it Lower frame mount I made for extra bracing later THANKS TO JAMES AT JAMES DEAN CREATIONS for sharing the design with me free of charge good guy Here it is mounted and hanging there all on it's own Also you can't really see them but I have added the lower brace's
Here is how I set up the lower brace's for strength and help lighten the load of the winch you can also see the metal plate at the bottom sticking out it is where I will be adding the received the plate go's back 6" and forward 2" Here's what it should look like minus the 8,000lb winch made to fit the bumper or is that the bumper made to hold a winch huh?

Anything you guy's think I missed? If so let me know that way I can change or add before I send it out. ALSO Thanks again to James @ James Dean Creations he sent me the idea and some blue prints for the frame and receiver mounting point for free what a guy
Old 12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice work, kudos to both of you for collaborating on that project! make sure you post up finished pix. thought about using a hawes fairlead instead of the roller? if you ever have to push someone, the rollers will be in the way big time.

just my .02.

lee