86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fpu

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fpu

It took me about 2 hours after replacing the engine with another in this 4-runner I just bought. The biggest problem was is it would absolutley not idle. Would idle around 3-500 RPM and still wouldn't sound quite right when on the throttle. The power wasn't quite there. After screwing around I finally removed the FPU vacuume line and it picked right up. It is idleing a little high around 1100 RPM's but I think I can fix that by adjusting the throttle cables. But runs great and smooth now.

My question is. How can I fix this FPU so it works properly and if I do just decide to leave the vaccume off like I am currently doing how is this really going to effect me. Positively or negatively.

Also what does it stand for Fuel Pressure Unit?????

Thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 07:26 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Can you describe the part and it's location? All I can think of is you're referring to the fuel pressure up valve or the fuel pressure regulator.

Did you cap off wherever unplugged the vacuum line?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a plastic bung that comes out of the intake manifold on the upper passenger side. There are 3 vaccume lines comming out of it. All 3 of those go down to the passanger wheel well inside. The one that ends in the middle, According to my manual is called the FPU.

I found one thread on here refering to it but not much informatin was provided. I beleive it helps regulate the fuel by placing a vaccume on the line at certain times. But my problem is it is obviously not functioning correctly becuase the car lopes and runs horrible with that line connected.