Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Doetsch tech vs monroes vs any other brands..

Old 06-16-2013, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doetsch tech vs monroes vs any other brands..

Anybody had any exprience with them? I plan on eventually upgrading to long travel within the next year or two, and will spend the money on front bilsteins then, since im already ordering rears rt now, but im not gonna blow the money on getting some for the front if ill just be replacing them again, when that money can go towards some other front suspension work i need to do.. But i need something decent but cheap, somethin that will work well as a disposable lets say.. So ive been lookin at the dt3000's, havent found a whole wealth of info out there on em, jeep guys seem to like em, but their jeep ppl soooo.. and theres not much here or pirate.. Or I could order some monroes or gabriels or somethin from rockauto, for around the same price.. So as far as ride quality and durability, would you say theyre better or worse than any of the standard brands?? do they fade as quick as a set of monroes would, or no? any info is appreciated before i pull the trigger on anything.. and ranchos, and procomps are out, way too stiff valved..
Old 06-21-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have any experience with the other brands,I just know I was happy with my cheap DT's. Maybe my spring selection on my SAS had most to do with it,but I swear my truck rode smoother and better with the SAS than it did with the IFS. I put the DT's on brand new with my SAS so I don't know if they would have been diffferent before that.