Does anybody know this dude

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its about time someone built fast 3.0
Old 02-26-2005, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Busjack
I found the dude who owns the 94' 4runner, I found him through a friend who works for a local P.D. Being curious as I always am, I went to pay this guy a visit and here's the story, so hold your socks. He knew exactly who I was when I drove up, he said, people have followed him home a few times to find out what he has under the hood of his runner. I had to damn near beg him to get a look under the hood though. Under the hood is a 3.0(3VZE) alright, not just any 3.0 though, it's a thing of beauty, this thing is an engineering freaken marvel. I asked him where he got it, he said he picked it up from a friend who works for Toyota Production Development in Japan it was a concept project engine, that did'nt make it to market because Nissan had a similar concept. He said he bought it from his friend and had it shipped over here. And yes this 3.0 has 24 valve heads, it also has dual turbos with 18lbs. of boost each, the fender well are cut to fit everything in, it has digitally controlled nitrous with a freon shot cooler...?(never heard of one of those), one of the wildest dual cold air intakes I've ever seen. The exhaust is Downey Off Road headers, dual 2.5" mandrel bent stainless with a Flowmaster mufflers. Inside the truck, the glove box opens and a laptop computer folds out and over towards the driver, he says it controls a mappable ECU, diagnostics and nitrous and here's the real kicker, it puts out 490 rwhp. After looking at this Freaken Monster of a 3.0, it's no wonder he left me in the dust. Also, he said he knows all about Yotatech he's been on here more than a few times, trying to help others with tips and tricks, he would'nt give me his handle though, he said you can probably guess who he is right off, he said, he's the guy that's always getting bashed and flamed about his intake ideas. Well, for me, after seeing this guys runner, seeing is believing and this one is definitely unfreakenbelieveable.

It's not April Fool's day is it?
Old 02-26-2005, 04:20 PM

HI...

Have you ever run your Tundra down the 1/4-mile? I am curious what it would run and what mod's you have. It looks like a 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo can turn 13.8 in the 1/4 mile. If you were smoking it, they you were really rocking.

http://N8RWS.COM
Old 02-26-2005, 04:36 PM

hey Jeff, haven't seen you on the boards for a while, what's new? I'm in Ann Arbor currently. We should meet up sometime again, maybe you can go on a trail run with me next time.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:17 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the message... let me know when you get close to GR.. we can hook up again.

JB
Old 02-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eeek thats freakin insane....baha i wish my 3.0 was like that one. I bet i could be a little bit faster once i change my shifter seat...my shifter is sooo mushy I hate it....was his 4runner a 5speed?
Old 02-26-2005, 05:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmm 24v heads aye?

Im VERY interested in this concept engine and building up my 3vze to take a LOT of boost....

Does this concept engine have the same block alloy content and build that the usual 3vze's have? Also are the 24v heads something that can be found out there somewhere? I've already found forged cranks, rods, pistons, and im sure I can get a MHG set up for the 3vze.

Also how is he running downy headers when he is going to need turbo headers? (Remember you need the exhaust gasses to spool the turbine which spools the compressor wheel.) What turbos does he run for compressor as well as the hot side trim and a/r's? Intercooled as well?

What tranny does he have behind it?

put me into contact if you could - my AIM is bumpinyota and my msn is nelson390@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 02-26-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Old 02-26-2005, 07:42 PM

Headers

Yep, they were Downey Headers, he said he had to specially modified them to fit his turbo setup, he said he did it because he already had them and like everything else for the 3.0, there's no one that manufacturers anything for it so you either have to make it or modify it yourself. I told him you aint lying there, I know, I stepped up from a 4runner myself to the Tundra. As for the tranny he said he swapped it out to a 5 speed because 2wheelers originally came with an automatic only in that year.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

2wd?????
Old 02-26-2005, 08:00 PM

Hey busjack

I know who your talking about, I work with him, aint that a bad ass ride, he's spent like 12 grand on it so far and he aint done yet. I hope he keeps going cause every part he takes off that is reuseable, I buy it off him for cheap.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:17 PM

holy crap!!! 490 rwhp?!?! that's freaking ridiculous! please keep us all updated on this thing. like, if you get pics or something. it gives all of us 3.slow owners hope.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:25 PM

ive been waiting for a thread like this for a long time,and hope to see many more.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hellooooo....i would like some help from this dude in building up my 3vze....
Old 02-27-2005, 09:49 PM

My Tundra

I have'nt dyno'd my Tundra yet with the mods but I plan to in the near future. I wanna do a few more things to it first. Bumpin' yota, he would'nt tell me his handle on here, but he checks the posts on here from time to time. He told me that he spent 4 years over in Japan in the Navy, where he found things for his 4runner. He said there is a whole different market of Toyota parts and aftermarket parts there that we don't even see or get imported over here.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member

You think you could wrangle some pics from him?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
hellooooo....i would like some help from this dude in building up my 3vze....

probably not 3vz-e anymore...
Old 11-18-2005, 06:32 PM

18lb of boost in "each" turbo heh? lol thats funny

sounds like a nice ride! I plan on turboing my 98 SR5 V-6 come next spring. I have to research into the tuning, fuel, and motor though to see what i am facing. I am hoping for a modest 300hp at the motor, nothing like the 600 in the stang
Old 11-18-2005, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by stevenassco
18lb of boost in "each" turbo heh? lol thats funny

sounds like a nice ride! I plan on turboing my 98 SR5 V-6 come next spring. I have to research into the tuning, fuel, and motor though to see what i am facing. I am hoping for a modest 300hp at the motor, nothing like the 600 in the stang
Holy old thread

I have a tough time believing all the stuff about that 2nd gen... Why wouldn't you just supercharge your 3.4? You can get 300 at the motor without TOO much stress, definitely less than turbo'ing it...
Old 11-19-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Randomness
Holy old thread

I have a tough time believing all the stuff about that 2nd gen... Why wouldn't you just supercharge your 3.4? You can get 300 at the motor without TOO much stress, definitely less than turbo'ing it...
lol sorry I was searching!

explain what you mean definitely less stress than turbo'ing it? If you know any differences between turboing and supercharing you would retract your statment . Plus everyone supercharges these things from what I have seen so far (new to 4runners)...it will be good to be different and push the limits of the stock components.

It will not be hard to flip some downey headers or the stockers and slap a small 60-1 on here...the fuel/tuning is what I am looking into. I might go to big stuff with my car and try and use the AEM standalone on the runner.

Last edited by stevenassco; 11-19-2005 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know this dude