Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ocdropzone
tear it apart and see if you have hidden damage

10mm, 12mm and 13mm come to mind
13mm?????
Old 07-13-2011, 08:27 PM

chez, i would look around craigslist, i ended up finding a guy that was parting out toyota parts and got lot of parts for cheap. grass valley? close to Valencia ca?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ocdropzone
tear it apart and see if you have hidden damage

10mm, 12mm and 15mm come to mind
fixed
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM

skypilot: The cylinder is broken.
The frame bent so far in that it contacted the release cylinder, and snapped off both mounting tabs.
Does anyone know what kind of forces the tabs have to handle? I'm wondering if I couldn't just braze the tabs back on...

jeets/whaha/ocdrop: I don't think I've seen a 13mm OR a 15mm on my truck haha 10, 12, and 14 has been about everything.

justin: I've been watching craigslist but around here we mostly just get entire HG rigs, and then parts from SAS's.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 PM

In 98 I t-boned a gal in an intersection in her drivers door doing 35 in my 87 and smash front end like his 91 and did lot of damage and truck was totaled I talked adjuster to me keeping the truck plus $2600, so off to rebuilding I went, front 2 body mounts damaged, sludge hammer them straight and dog house was toast, close to a grand for new doghouse and that was total welded together just for the pieces and unpainted, Salvage yard I've been going to for years and they had a 4-runner body all that time undamaged just laying on the ground no frame and had front end cut off by salvage yard for 200 bucks and hauled it home, drilled out all the spot welds connecting doghouse and cab horns (I guess that's what you call those thingies sticking out) to cab on both vehicles and swapped them both and just bolted the 4-runner doghouse to the truck, under dash bolts were a pain, after painting it color of truck,
Hood was toast since it push grille guard into it and got a new one and the same with under bumper apron, all the other front end body parts came from another just in truck at same salvage yard, where the inner fenders met cab I used rope caulking from Menard's to hide the seam in engine bay, and also under the inner fender meets the cab but finger smashed flat around the inner fender edges.
If the pics load you'll see after wreak pic and left over from blue 4-runner and my old doghouse sitting next to my rebuilt I did in a front opened end barn in the winter, that was fun fun fun ;} If I can do it anybody can!!!! Damage may be different, but still fixable by shade tree with right hand tools...

Ps. wish I had a digital camera back then!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Crash in 91PU: What now?-truck-wreak-new-1.jpg  
Old 07-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
These are cheap, I get them from autopartswarehouse. It probably good it let go like that and probably saved the bellhousing. My ride has a 4" lift so I got a 3' -3 (russell)line a couple of straight an fittings and two adapters (brake line) for each end. Works like a charm, and it took me too long for me figure it out. Just call Jegs tech line 1-800-345-4545 and they will help you.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...slave+clyinder

Originally Posted by ChzSoda
skypilot: The cylinder is broken.
The frame bent so far in that it contacted the release cylinder, and snapped off both mounting tabs.
Does anyone know what kind of forces the tabs have to handle? I'm wondering if I couldn't just braze the tabs back on...

jeets/whaha/ocdrop: I don't think I've seen a 13mm OR a 15mm on my truck haha 10, 12, and 14 has been about everything.

justin: I've been watching craigslist but around here we mostly just get entire HG rigs, and then parts from SAS's.