Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Crack dash/ will this cover fit 0.o

Old 04-01-2016, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crack dash/ will this cover fit 0.o

Just bought my first 4runner!! Have wanted onemail since high school and I couldn't be any happier! But of course it has a cracked dash. Soooo....

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Coverlay-11-184-DBL-Dark-Blue-Dashboard-Cover-/301866202424?nav=SEARCH
Will this cover fit on my 86 4runner if my yota has a inclineometer thingy? There's really no info if it will work or not. Also has any one tried these covers out before? Are they any good? Thanks in adance!!
Old 04-02-2016, 05:40 PM

Hey I had the same issue with my 91 pickup, it had a burned up dash from the previous owner so I picked up a newer one at a salvage yard that had a single crack right above the steering wheel. I decided the best fix for it was to get it sprayed with linex. I'm out of the house right now but I'll post a pic when I get home and it only cost me 70 dollars.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:50 PM

Here is a few pictures of the dash with the LineX coating. It wasn't too much of an issue with the install back into the truck but there was a few tight spots and I also got the UV protection in the mixture. I was considering getting more of the parts on the dash done but I am kinda happy with the results and I don't think doing the center column and the glove box are in my near future. But I would highly recommend this over a Dash cover if you don't mind taking the whole thing apart to get the dash out to have it sprayed.

Last edited by streetfighterguy; 04-02-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by streetfighterguy View Post
Here is a few pictures of the dash with the LineX coating. It wasn't too much of an issue with the install back into the truck but there was a few tight spots and I also got the UV protection in the mixture. I was considering getting more of the parts on the dash done but I am kinda happy with the results and I don't think doing the center column and the glove box are in my near future. But I would highly recommend this over a Dash cover if you don't mind taking the whole thing apart to get the dash out to have it sprayed.

Wow! That looks really nice!! I think I might give that a try, thanks for the advice