Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

clutch-less

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch-less

Hey - need help!!! I just installed a sach's OEM clutch kit in my 2 wd toy
2400RE - the problem is now, I can't not engage my clutch from neutral to first gear...grinds. I resurfaced the flywheel, installed a new slave, bled it.
Sach folks are telling me I have over surfaced the flywheel! Can this be true? Could use some help and recommendations!
thanks
Roxy
Old 02-25-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by roxy
Hey - need help!!! I just installed a sach's OEM clutch kit in my 2 wd toy
2400RE - the problem is now, I can't not engage my clutch from neutral to first gear...grinds. I resurfaced the flywheel, installed a new slave, bled it.
Sach folks are telling me I have over surfaced the flywheel! Can this be true? Could use some help and recommendations!
thanks
Roxy
Did you check and adjust the amount of clutch pedal "play"? I can't remember the exact specs, but there shouldn't be too much. Loosening the locknut and spinning the rod from the master cyl adjusts the free play.

Try bleeding it again. Getting all of the air out of a Toyota hydraulic setup is a major PITA sometimes.

Is the shifter seat and bushing still in place?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:31 PM

yip

bleed it, bleed it and bleed it again. as long as there are no problems that didn't exist before and you installed the whole pilot bearing and shift fork properly you shouldn't have a problem.

I've had the clutch bleed fluid continually and still get getter with every pump. be sure to have someone else pumping and get that bleed valve shut off tight TOWARDS the end of the pedal drop.
Pete
Old 02-26-2006, 05:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
post once & you will get better answers:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/2nd-post-clutchless-79604/
Old 02-27-2006, 07:52 PM

Thanks guys for the info: I adjusted the rod out as far as it would go - the same, no change; I bled the system 5 times and used about 20 ounces of brake fluid - same results. Any other suggestions?
Roxy
Old 02-28-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
keep in mind that on these engines, the flywheel must have a raised "step" where the cluth disk rides to operate properly.