86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Changed carb and now white smoke please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Changed carb and now white smoke please help

Hey guys how y'all doing. I have a couple of questions. I was having carb trouble with my 87 22r so I had a spare motor with a stock carb so I swapped em out. Runs so much better but now I have a ton of white smoke I'm not losing water or have water in oil or oil in water this truck set up almost a year and had jumped time I installed new chain kit and it ran real good I put about 200 miles on her ofcourse she smoked when first started after sitting but stopped after about a quarter tank of fuel please help guys this is my only vehicle at the moment ?? it doesn't smell like oil it kinda smells rich but it is more of a grey / white smoke
Thanks again
Old 09-30-2011, 07:21 AM

usually they will smoke for a few minutes burning off the oil on the carb, but not that much. i dont know what it could be.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
grey/white is always moisture. could be an unrelated issue.. HG/ front cover leaking, who knows, unfortuanetly the carbs pretty isolated from the cooling system so swapping em out wont cause an induction of coolant from somewhere. if it sat, could be water in the cat or exhaust that might just need burned off.

dunno dude
Old 10-01-2011, 01:06 PM

Question

Originally Posted by drew303
grey/white is always moisture. could be an unrelated issue.. HG/ front cover leaking, who knows, unfortuanetly the carbs pretty isolated from the cooling system so swapping em out wont cause an induction of coolant from somewhere. if it sat, could be water in the cat or exhaust that might just need burned off.

dunno dude
Ok let me start from beginning here's what happened I bouth the truck it had been sitting 10 months and had jumped time I bought the truck installed the timing chain and tuned her up it ran like a champ for about a week I burnt. Whole tank of gas threw her only trouble I had was it was losing it's fuel in carb over night so I have another 22r that has a blew head gasket so I pulled fuel pump and carb off that engine and put it on now she cranks in morning good but is using oil now and wasn't smoking before At all. Can the fuel pump pull oil out of the engine ? That may sound crazy it may not even be possible idk
Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by camotow
Ok let me start from beginning here's what happened I bouth the truck it had been sitting 10 months and had jumped time I bought the truck installed the timing chain and tuned her up it ran like a champ for about a week I burnt. Whole tank of gas threw her only trouble I had was it was losing it's fuel in carb over night so I have another 22r that has a blew head gasket so I pulled fuel pump and carb off that engine and put it on now she cranks in morning good but is using oil now and wasn't smoking before At all. Can the fuel pump pull oil out of the engine ? That may sound crazy it may not even be possible idk
And it's not losing any water