Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brush guard

Does anyone know where i can get a brush guard like this. I really like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...spagenameZWDVW

P.S i have an 86 yota pickup would it be possible to mount one of these.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM

that looks good for sure. i like it better than mine. someone told me mine came stock though...not sure.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Yeah i really want one bad for my truck.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by 86 yota

Why not email or ebay msg the seller and ask them? For that matter, I like the looks of it, but would save my money for a TJM or ARB bumper that'll give some real serious protection versus some style points.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get into an accident and you can kiss your fenders, lights and pretty much the frontend goodbye. The thing bends and damages all that..
Old 04-05-2007, 04:38 PM

We'll i really like the looks of it but it says it only fits 89 to 95 year models and i have an 86. Can i make some brackets to fit it or am i sol.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by CJM
Get into an accident and you can kiss your fenders, lights and pretty much the frontend goodbye. The thing bends and damages all that..
Ok, ive said this before, and ill say it again, these things will save your ☺☺☺☺. a f150 had 10k of damage while my 85 had o......125? new fender, bend the hood straight, and a new corner lens. the f150 had everything smashed 2 ft back.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:31 PM

We'll i really like the looks of it but it says it only fits 89 to 95 year models and i have an 86. Can i make some brackets to fit it or am i sol.
ok, i haven't owned a first gen, but those grille guards say 89-95 because they're for that bodystyle. if you like it, get one cheap and it should mount right up with the supplied hardware. your frame rails are the same as the newer trucks. someone back me up?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I like the looks of it, but would save my money for a TJM or ARB bumper that'll give some real serious protection versus some style points.
For sure ARB or TJM... I cant believe people are paying 360 for those things!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 PM

i agree. they're not that great. mines on here because i haven't gotten around to bending some DOM yet. i would never buy one but it came with the truck.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:48 AM

So you are saying this thing should mount right up to my truck no problem even though the difference in year model?
Old 04-06-2007, 05:53 AM

performance products has those, i have one on my 88 pickup

www.performanceproducts.com
Old 04-06-2007, 06:01 AM

Could you send me a direct hyperlink so i could see the bumper because i cant seem to find it.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:28 PM

Yotasavg, your brush gaurd looks a little different from mine, and i know mine is JDM. It says toyota on the grille gaurd portion. IN any case, i can testify to the strength of a PROPERLY MODIFIED brush gaurd in accident situations. I have my brush gaurd modded so the headlight wings are bolted down to my bumper. This keeps it from wobbling at high speed and strengthens the unit. I also added a third tier to my BG after adding a 3" body lift to the truck which i then bolted to the crossmember right behind the front valance. I got into a wreck at 10mph w/a honda CRV. The honda, well that doesn't count... it's a passenger car, but my truck needed a new valance ($30), bumper (depends), and some elboy grease to the BG. And woiala, like new.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Itoyota
Yotasavg, your brush gaurd looks a little different from mine, and i know mine is JDM. It says toyota on the grille gaurd portion. IN any case, i can testify to the strength of a PROPERLY MODIFIED brush gaurd in accident situations. I have my brush gaurd modded so the headlight wings are bolted down to my bumper. This keeps it from wobbling at high speed and strengthens the unit. I also added a third tier to my BG after adding a 3" body lift to the truck which i then bolted to the crossmember right behind the front valance. I got into a wreck at 10mph w/a honda CRV. The honda, well that doesn't count... it's a passenger car, but my truck needed a new valance ($30), bumper (depends), and some elboy grease to the BG. And woiala, like new.
agreed. my headlight wings are tied to the bumper itself with some brackets. btw, thanks for the info!

86 yota, yes, i believe that it should mount right up. no problem.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sonofmayhem
Ok, ive said this before, and ill say it again, these things will save your ☺☺☺☺. a f150 had 10k of damage while my 85 had o......125? new fender, bend the hood straight, and a new corner lens. the f150 had everything smashed 2 ft back.
Thats funny stuff u showed that ford whos boss! lol
Old 04-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all i can say is that i have a all chrome plated custom made bush bar that was supposed to be a JDM but it turned out that it truely is cutom made...in some guys garage probably, but i only paid 200cdn for it so im not really complaining...BUT it did not have proper shock mounts, and since the roads here in Belize are like an off road trail for beginners it shakes rattels and rolls. so my advise to anyone looking for cheap bush bars...make sure it has good, solid mounts to prevent shaking!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 AM

I bought one. It was called the euro guard. Please consider not purchasing it. If you get in a front end accident the guard will pinch your hood and fenders.

Consider saving money for something tougher; like ARB.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:28 PM

Could i mount a winch on one of these or is it not going to be mounted sturdy enough. It looks like a transformer from warn sorta. I also came across this link but i think they are a little high.

http://members.aol.com/SterlingE3/guard97.htm
Old 04-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by amusement
I bought one. It was called the euro guard. Please consider not purchasing it. If you get in a front end accident the guard will pinch your hood and fenders.

Consider saving money for something tougher; like ARB.
alright. so everyone has a different story on whether or not these will hinder your truck. personally i had one on my old truck and it destroyed the car i hit. mine was fine......

86yota, are you looking for a guard that will do some serious protection or are you looking for something that wont cost that much and can't guarantee protection? i think you need to think this one through and decide.

EDIT: sorry if that sounded rude.....my bad.

Last edited by yotasavg; 04-11-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Brush guard