Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Bleeding LSVP...calling all pros!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:40 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Bleeding LSVP...calling all pros!

Hi,
I've searched the site and found nothing that refers specifically to bleeding the lsvp...just how to mod it. I went about bleeding/flushing the brake system and in the proper order. LSVP last, of course. I got all the old fluid and air out of the lines to all the wheels and the went to bleed the lsvp. The air bubbles keep coming and coming and coming. Plus, the fluid is a milky white (just tiny air bubbles?). I can't imagine this thing would have THAT much air in it...it's not that big! Now, the exterior is very rusted, but there is no apparent leaking. The bleeder screw was a tad tight, but broke loose relatively easy. So, I'm assuming there's not a bunch of internal rust going on. In the time I've owned this vehicle, I've never bled the lsvp even though I've serviced the brakes multiple times. I just didn't know about the lsvp until fairly recently. So, what could be going on? The MC is NOT leaking...it's not very old (Aisin)...maybe three years. The calipers and wheel cylinders are not very old, either. And like I said, all the air left at those locations. What's going on? I'm tightening the bleeder screw all the way back in during bleeding intervals, too.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 AM

bump

No one have a clue?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Milky white sounds like water and/or corrosion in the lines. You might want to drain the the system and flush it with some new fluid.

The bleed procedure I used was to bleed the back brakes, then the front brakes, and then the LSPV. You need to repeat this a couple of times. Keep bleeding until clear fluid comes out.

The other way is to just let a brake shop vacuum bleed the system.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the input, roadkill. As a matter fact, I pulled the bleeder screw out of the valve and the seat's been all buggered up from someone overtightening. So, that could be part of my problem. But, I did suspect the milky white to be water....thanks for confirming. I was in the process of flushing all the old fluid out when I got to the lspv, so I wasn't suprised to see so much junk considering I'd never bled it. I just thought after having already bled the wheels (and in the order you're saying) that if there was water in the lsvp (and air) it should have been removed after just a few times. No matter, I'm not doing anything else at this poing until I can get my hands on a new bleeder screw for the valve or another lspv. Letting someone else do it is out of the question. I can't justify paying a lot of money for someone to do what I can do anymore, ya know?

Thanks again. When I get the needed part, I will go through the whole thing a couple of times, as you suggested.