86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another 50N recall horror story..need help going to bat

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I had my truck downtown for the realignment my cams were seized also but I figured they would be as I went through that headache last time I had an alignment done. It was only .01 degree out on one side though so they didn't worry much about them.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:32 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by miket223
Nobody is going to fight anything. Lying to a tech isn't going to break the adjusters free. Forking over a few hundred dollars and installing brand new ones will though.
WARNING:
They're for damn sure going to fight with whatever they have to fight with to ensure my truck is safe. Toyota screwed up the design - not us. If the tie rods or any other parts are rusted and they have to fight with them since they didn't realize the problem for >10 years, that's their problem!

Originally Posted by miket223
Your perspective is quite narrow by the way. I haven't heard anyone post any 50N success stories. Only the negative gets our attention, that is human nature. And, your post only perpetuates that idea.
Read through this post and the other two. Count how many times I have asked for people to BE SURE to post their positive experiences. SEVERAL. I can only relate a negative experience, because that's what I've had. I have posted positively about how the dealer compensated me for having to have the alignment redone. BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE REDONE?!?!?!?!

Read through the posts. Count how many times people say "thanks for warning me" or "the same thing happened, I wish I had read this first". SEVERAL. I'm sorry to come at it from a negative point of view - but sometimes that is helpful for others on here too. If this thread saved ONE person the problems I've experienced, IT WAS WORTH IT!

That reminds me - time for the weekly call to Toyota Customer Service...
Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In this case I think that I am going to have to agree with miket223. Why lie about something that is needed to be a legitimate repair. Lowering yourself to the level of some of these dishonest dealerships is not going to help the problem. Being truthful with them will only give a more concrete foundation as to base your camplaint against the dealership with Toyota. If we are going to make a complaint against them then lets make it a real one with real world facts.
I on the other hand do have to say that there are some very positive responses in these threads about good experiences that some owners have had with some dealers.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

For what its worth - a good recall story - I had my 50N repair done yesterday - Didn't have one bit of trouble...No hassle about tie rod ends (although I was prepared, thanks to yotatech), alignment was done (and its spot on...). Joe Heitz Toyota in Clarksville, TN. Even offered to come and get me at work when it was done. They said they had been doing a ton of these - no problems at all. In and out in 2 1/2 hrs. They're are a few good dealers out there...
Old 02-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

Had mine done today, in at 7:00 out at 10:00. No problems, no hassels, I even was told up front if there were any problems with the install requiring additional parts that there would be no costs for both parts and labor. A full alignment was done (great job, even had a printout of before and after). Called me and asked if they could shuttle me in to pick it up and even washed my 4Runner for me. Total cost Zero, Total experience Priceless. Kolosso Toyota in Appleton, WI.