86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 4runner leaking fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 4runner leaking fuel

I have a 95 4runner 3.0 EGO. Did engine swap, acts like flooding out, won't start & is leaking fuel from underneath front of engine under timing belt.?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 822 Likes on 649 Posts
Did you use all new crush washers on ALL the fuel connections?

The fuel that is "near" the timing belt would be in the inter-rail cross-over in front, and the Fuel Pressure Regulator at the front end of the left rail.

But make it easy on yourself. First, get a fire extinguisher; don't let it out of your sight. Remove the plenum. Get a piece of 6mm (1/4") clear vinyl to connect the fuel return of the FPR over to the fuel return line on the right. Pressurize the system by jumpering FP to B+. You might have to put some pieces of brown paper towel under the connections to see the drips, as gasoline evaporates very quickly (brown is easier to see than white).

If you disassembled the rail during the engine swap, and you didn't replace the crush washers, do that now whether or not they leak. They will, and that's a chance you don't want to take.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
with all due respect to scope's advisement, i've reused crush washers many times without fail. not many times on one crush washer, mind you. they do wear for sure. so, it's quite possible you simply left one or more out. i've done that before and certainly sustained a leak.