86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 4runner A/c problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 4runner A/c problem

*NOTE: I have looked over the web already with little success.

So i went to turn my air on today, and its not blowing cold. I thought maybe it just needed recharging so went to do that and noticed the compressor and condenser fan werent on. I've searching through threads on multiple sites, googled it. I cant figure out what to do. I read about alot of people bypassing the pressure switch. i found the relay, but which slots do i use? I read where someone said try 87 and 30 or something like that, but the info and photo i found of the relay slots were for a dodge dakota. Any other suggestions on how i should go about diagnosing this?
Old 01-21-2012, 02:27 PM

Too bad about the A/c issue. Are you in Hawaii or just need it for defrost :-)??

You have not volunteered much in the way of "efforts to date", and at the risk of insulting your intelligence, let's start at the top.

What fuses have you checked that are common to both the compressor clutch and the condenser fan? BTW, pardon my ignorance, but is there an electric cooling fan doing double duty for the condenser or is there a separate fan?

Beings it's January, when was the last time the A/C ran? Sounds like it not so much faded away, but you turned it on and it was gone.

A decent electrical diagram should answer your questions about relay pins. Must be one around here somewhere :-).

OK, at least you got a bump so better informed members than me can pitch in.

Steve
Old 01-21-2012, 04:58 PM

Thanks steve for the reply

Well I just bought the 4runner in december, so I have no clue when exactly the last time the a/c actually worked. I checked all of my fuses, inluding the ac fuse under the glovebox, to make sure it wasnt something simple as that. I live in Arizona, it can get 110+ so i definately want the ac for the summer. And the fan question. It has a very small fan right behind the grill on the condensor.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:20 PM

Gotta be something common to the compressor clutch and condenser fan. If the interior temp controller is way into the blue, both of those items should get power right away and engage. Don't believe the pressure switch you mentioned comes into play till the compressor starts running.

You need someone who understands A/C to weigh in.

Best wishes