Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

94 22re start/idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 22re start/idle problems

I have a 1994 pickup 4wd with a 22re i recently bought the truck and it was having a really high idle when started and would slowly die down and the truck would die. I have replaced the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, cleaned the iac valve/throttle body,and replaced the throttle position sensor. After i replaced the tps truck would not crank at all. HELP!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Everything that you have done would not effect cranking. I would check to see if the 80 Amp fuse has blown. The Clutch Safety Switch failing or not hooked up. You could engage the Clutch Bypass switch to see if that would let it crank.

When you say that it wont crank, I am assuming that the starter is not rotating. We some times get different meanings when people say it is not cranking.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrys87
Everything that you have done would not effect cranking. I would check to see if the 80 Amp fuse has blown. The Clutch Safety Switch failing or not hooked up. You could engage the Clutch Bypass switch to see if that would let it crank.

When you say that it wont crank, I am assuming that the starter is not rotating. We some times get different meanings when people say it is not cranking.
It will turn over but die out instantly. And have already did your suggestions with no success