Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

92 Pickup Offer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 Pickup Offer?

Hey everyone! First post here. I'm in the market for a 4x4 pickup and found this one on Craigslist in my area. I've been talking to the seller, I'm going to go test drive it soon. He says it runs well with no leaks or anything, but I haven't driven it so I'm not sure and I don't know how many miles it has but I will know when I drive it. I't's a 4x4 manual, '92 V6. I have an idea of what I'm willing to offer, but I'm curious what you experts would offer. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails 92 Pickup Offer?-00n0n_26vjwmodezw_600x450.jpg   92 Pickup Offer?-00x0x_axejy2shu8m_600x450.jpg   92 Pickup Offer?-00k0k_jp2q1iofilx_600x450.jpg  

Last edited by YotaNoob13; 11-21-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

These trucks have a very regional market .

Because where the truck is plays into the price of things.

Just how bad your lusting after a truck enters into it also.

I don`t need another truck so the only reason I would even think of buying it is if it was really cheap.

Have you done your homework on the 3.0 it seems more hate them then have a love for them??

Time for another timing belt ?? Know about the head gasket issues ??

If you can do most of the work your self they are not bad if you need to pay to get it done things get expensive.

What gets expensive is all the neglected areas of maintenance Suspension, Steering . Brakes vehicles get to the point the owner rather then do these things just sells it.

You need to figure the going rate where you live then subtract what needs to be fixed.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wyoming9
These trucks have a very regional market .

Because where the truck is plays into the price of things.

Just how bad your lusting after a truck enters into it also.

I don`t need another truck so the only reason I would even think of buying it is if it was really cheap.

Have you done your homework on the 3.0 it seems more hate them then have a love for them??

Time for another timing belt ?? Know about the head gasket issues ??

If you can do most of the work your self they are not bad if you need to pay to get it done things get expensive.

What gets expensive is all the neglected areas of maintenance Suspension, Steering . Brakes vehicles get to the point the owner rather then do these things just sells it.

You need to figure the going rate where you live then subtract what needs to be fixed.
Yeah. I know the market varies quite a bit. I live in a more rural area in central washington so I feel like the market is a little more active than most other places. The truck is listed for $5500 but I think that is a bit much. I mean KBB has "excellent" listed as $2300. I can't afford the $5500 asking price, so I want to make a lower offer, but I don't want to insult by offering something absurdly low.

Last edited by YotaNoob13; 11-21-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:43 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Offer what you want !!!

Most sellers have a inflated idea of the trucks worth besides it is much easier to drop the price then raise.

When I sell things I most often start with a crazy high price sometimes a fool will come along and pay just that asking price .

Not often mind you but it has happened.

The worse that can happen is the seller will roll around on the ground laughing then say I don`t think so.

Then they could come back with a price that you might both agree on.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally I would not pay $5500 for a v6 truck unless it had a 5VZ in it. Do you need power? What are you doing with the truck? If a 22RE truck would suit your needs then you'd be much happier with it considering the maintenance has a better reputation, from what I've seen. Remember, once you buy it it's yours. It could blow a head gasket the next day. A 22RE same thing. Anything can happen, but which one is easier to fix? I think most people would say the 22RE. If you're just getting into Toyota's then you have one advantage: no bias. You won't be comparing the two engines. Just something to consider. Good luck and I hope you find yourself a Yota!!!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Just based on the pics I'd say it's priced on par with what I see here in CA on CL. All the old Toyota pickups are listed for top dollar it seems as long as they are pretty clean and in good condition. Even beaters still fetch $2500 sometimes. Regional I guess but you can't even find a Tacoma for under like $7k either.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by highonpottery
Just based on the pics I'd say it's priced on par with what I see here in CA on CL. All the old Toyota pickups are listed for top dollar it seems as long as they are pretty clean and in good condition. Even beaters still fetch $2500 sometimes. Regional I guess but you can't even find a Tacoma for under like $7k either.

Very true. Mine was worth about $1500 honestly. I paid $2000 for it. But my other choices for $4500+ because you just can't find these things for sell in the south. "Location location location"