86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

86 toyota pickup 4wd fix up

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
86 toyota pickup 4wd fix up

How's it going everyone, So I bought an 86 toyota pickup 22r 4wd with 135000 miles well that is what the dash says!Haha I got it about 3 weeks ago any ways I got the truck for 1800 with some fixing needed to it, when I first got it it has a real bad oil pan leak that I fixed 3 days ago and now seems to not have any leaks anymore! But I got this truck so I could slowly work on it
Before the the repair
After the repair
Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by RoYYota
How's it going everyone, So I bought an 86 toyota pickup 22r 4wd with 135000 miles well that is what the dash says!Haha I got it about 3 weeks ago any ways I got the truck for 1800 with some fixing needed to it, when I first got it it has a real bad oil pan leak that I fixed 3 days ago and now seems to not have any leaks anymore! But I got this truck so I could slowly work on it
Before the the repair
After the repair
U
Did it clear the front dif/axle or did you have to move things around?
Old 10-12-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by mattyboi
Did it clear the front dif/axle or did you have to move things around?
no I had to unbolt the 2 main diff supports and loosening the front pivot mount, and also removed the steering stabilizer, took me about 8 hours to do everything it was my first time doing this.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
I would take a peak at the timing chain guides as well. Drivers side timing guide is known for braking into pieces. Remove valve cover and shine a light down at the timing chain. Was there any debris in the oil pan?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by superex87
I would take a peak at the timing chain guides as well. Drivers side timing guide is known for braking into pieces. Remove valve cover and shine a light down at the timing chain. Was there any debris in the oil pan?

yeah we did take a look in there everything looked good, and no nothing in the oil pan at all just a little dirt.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:25 PM

yeah we did take a look in there everything looked good, and no nothing in the oil pan at all just a little dirt.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Found this in my oil pan a few months ago. Timing chain guides are still intact and PO has a receipt for a timing job done a few yrs ago. Any ideas what this is?

Old 10-18-2017, 05:11 PM

How's it going everyone, so I have a question for whoever can help me I'm having issues with my clutch I think,well what happens is when I let my clutch go pressing the gas it takes a few seconds for my gear to grab on and I can't seem to figure out what it can be?