86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

4runner 2 piece dash vs 1 piece

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4runner 2 piece dash vs 1 piece

I tried a search and only found one thread, but the pics were long gone.

Have a 1993 4runner. The front part of the dash is once solid piece (same on my 93 pickup). Looking to get a replacement dash and saw one that appears to be made of two pieces? Can anybody tell me if there is a difference between the two in terms of being able to swap one for the other? Will my cluster that came with my 1 piece fit if I try to swap in the 2 piece dash? Sorry about no pics, I guess I could put in some generic ones if what Im describing isnt making sense.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
On the 89-95 trucks, you are correct that there is a one piece or two piece dash. There is a 2 inch strip that runs across the front of the dash in front of the driver. As to which year used the 2 inch strip or the one piece dash, I do not know which it applies to or if it is the base model truck or SR5 model.

As far as I know the cluster will interchange but the 89-95 is not my strong area. I do think the 2 piece and the 1 piece will interchange but cannot say for sure. I will say for sure to remove the dash you need to start at the passenger side and work your way over to the drivers side. They both remove from the truck in that order. I have done plenty of that.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response just the same. I was hoping to find someone who had done it it or knew for sure. I'd hate to buy it and have it shipped just to find out it won't fit and take the hit on the money. Or to find out I need additional parts to make it fit.

Even some detailed pics of how the two piece is installed normally might help to see if they go on the same. Maybe someone will still pipe up or take some pics.