86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3VZE Hose Classification

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3VZE Hose Classification

Does anyone know what hose this is? I pulled it off when I pulled off my intake manifold and the crack spread too much when reinstalling. It's the larger of two hoses running from the air intake cleaner into the engine. I was guessing it was some sort of heater hose, but when I'm looking up replacement heater hoses it looks like there's 20 different options and none seem correct. It also doesn't seem like the bends on the hose are too severe, could I get by replacing it with some universal vacuum line? Thanks.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 822 Likes on 649 Posts
Hose, Air, No. 2 17342-65010
(was that helpful, or what!)
http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/p/TO...734265010.html

Unfortunately, about $43.

You CAN get by with ordinary unmolded vacuum hose (the ends are far enough apart that it won't kink), but you won't be happy with it. It will never lay right. But you might not be $43 unhappy.

It is a low pressure line; if your crack is in the right place you might be able to get by with an electrical tape wrap.

It feeds unmetered air from the resonator to the PAIR valve.

Your choice.

In the future, get a hair dryer. If you warm up these old hoses before pulling on them, they will soften slightly and be less likely to crack. I use a hot air gun, but you need to be pretty careful if you go that far.

Last edited by scope103; 05-29-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:13 AM

Thank you!

That was extremely helpful, thank you! Good to know it's low pressure. I threw some RVT in the crack and will wrap some electrical tape to see how it does until my next paycheck. Just got a 94 that I've already thrown $1000 of parts into so my wallets a little tired right now. Thanks for the hair dryer advice, I'm just starting out so I'll take all the advice i can get.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:54 PM

Exclamation

Since you're so good at this I've got one more for you. I think this one helps move fuel around. In the photo you can see the universal hose I replaced it with...its got a good bend to it though and I don't think the universal stuff can handle it. The arrow on the right is showing where is ties into the engine underneath the throttle and marked with a blue dot. Its about 6 inches long and the inside diameter seems to vary.

After doing VCGs, Intake Manifold Gasket, PCV Valve, and spark plugs/wires, my engine is idling really rough. It seems to be fine when accelerating although when I accelerated harder once I got a squeak/quick squeal. I think getting the proper hose in is going to be the first step in chasing down the rattling. Thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails 3VZE Hose Classification-fullsizerender-3-.jpg   3VZE Hose Classification-img_1316.jpg  

Last edited by iwanttobelieve; 05-30-2017 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-31-2017, 05:42 AM

Received 822 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by iwanttobelieve
Since you're so good at this ...
And soon, you too shall be.

Start from http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com Enter your model information, and go to town! I've ordered some parts from Lakeland and I'm happy with their service. I've even printed out their prices and walked them into my local dealer, but I've never been surprised that my dealer won't match those prices. (Lakeland is in Florida, so it's shipping cross-country for me, and for tiny items the cost of shipping becomes a factor.)

Your hose is for coolant (it warms up the throttle body). HOSE, WATER BY-PASS, NO.4 Part Number: 16281-65010
http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/p/TO...628165010.html