Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

3.D'0h question - Cold start injector?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.D'0h question - Cold start injector?

ok guys, I don't ahve a picture that I can show yopu right now, but on the intake of the 3.D'0h at the back towards the firewall, there's a "module" (for lack of a better name) with 3 or 4 things stuck in it. One of them has a vacuum/fuel line coming out of it (the actual "sensor" is green). Anyone know what this is, the vacuum line connector snapped of of mine when when I was pulling it apart to do the HG's. Even a picture would be nice so I could confirm
Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is the sensor block in the rear you are talking about. It has a thermal time switch, coolant temp switch, coolant temp sender and that vacuum switch thing with the 2 ports. Go to a hobby store or a hardware store and find some small metal tubing that fits snugly in that port. Cut a small piece off then super glue the port back on. Thats how we fix them instead of getting a new one. It works quite well
Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An excellent idea...now I just have to find the stupid thing. Apparently it didn't get brought in out of my buddy's car when I brought my heads home.