Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

22re exhaust manifold leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o really cool. stave is alright but stock trucks just get bottomed out in the mud ruts lol. you get tired of getting pulled out because your sitting on you frame haha. i need a lift and lockers then it would a hella time. crapy thing was first time i went to stave i was apperently in the worst spot and i was doing ok untill the jeep guy told me i was in the mud were trucks with 38 were digging lol fun none the less. thread jack over
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
cool cool.

whats goin on with your truck? you mean susp or body parts?
if you talking cv's and susp then i feal your pain, i had to replace my right knucle, both cv's and a bunch of steering parts, couple ball joints, rebuild power steering. never ending lmao. all i can say is i cant wait to get a sfa under her haha

get her fixed buddy
Well, all four balljoints need to be replaced. The pitman arm has tons of play, the idler arm is starting to go, and I can't find any replacement bushings that fit this one).

The inner tie rod ends are pooched, the grease fittings got smashed into the frame and it punched out the threads. The outers got ripped and are toast. Sucks I replaced both tie rod assemblys when I did my BJ spacers..

I need to repack my wheel bearings and lube the spindle bearings.

Oh and the control arm bushings are starting to show their age, I wont do those for awhile tho!

I also need to install my Soneran steel IFS brace..

Haha, sweet, sfa is fun!

Originally Posted by shanebuick
haha thats sweet i grew up in maple ridge, used to spend alot of time out at stave lake
So much crazy crap goes on there... its kinda funny
Old 12-08-2009, 05:09 PM

crap lol tons of stuff to do. sounds like me a year ago lol. just get a sfa and get rid of that ifs lol. SAS might be a better route than fixing all that stuff then wanting sas later on? you should have seen my knuckle, the cv shaft could move side to side inside the spindle like 1/4 inch each way lmao. so worn out. i was driving and i would get a big whine and vibration and would have to jerk the steering to the right to get it to stop for anothrr km haha.

weird stuff happens at stave when it gets dark lol, cars burn, people get drunk and high and do some weird stuff lol
Old 12-09-2009, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Approximate torque is 33 ft/lb, and thread lock is highly recommended.
Re-torquing after a hundred miles is also recommended. Over tightening is not.

Ooooops. My bad. Sorry about that... - I'm not very familiar with working with threadlocker, so I just should shut up about what I don't know enough about. Yep, always learning something. Guess I shouldn't of torqued my studs, huh. Do'h!! So far so good, but like usual, "we'll see what happens". - won't be the first time I do a job twice...
Old 12-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
crap lol tons of stuff to do. sounds like me a year ago lol. just get a sfa and get rid of that ifs lol. SAS might be a better route than fixing all that stuff then wanting sas later on? you should have seen my knuckle, the cv shaft could move side to side inside the spindle like 1/4 inch each way lmao. so worn out. i was driving and i would get a big whine and vibration and would have to jerk the steering to the right to get it to stop for anothrr km haha.

weird stuff happens at stave when it gets dark lol, cars burn, people get drunk and high and do some weird stuff lol

Yeah, tons of crap to replace. Im hoping to buy a complete front end kit from ebay and just do it all. Except the control arm bushings!

I want to go Long travel IFS, no SAS on my truck. I want to get a 2nd gen for that hehe

Yeah, I got a little play in that area, the spindle lubricator is supposed to help this alot! sounds like yours were baaad!

stave is fun, once in awhile. I havnt been back up there since King of the Pitt.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:44 PM

yeah that blaze land kit looks sick hey. if i did long travel i would pic that one. yah maybe get a whole kit to fix everything. lol i can help i have been there before haha.

yea a little play isnt too bad but mine was too much and yeah it was realy bad i mean there was no sigh of greese in there lmao.

yeah stave is just stave, might go again when i get a lift, but i realy need to find a new place to weekend wheel
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingbrass
I'm not the best person to answer this, but since you're so anxious I'll throw in my $.02.

The exhaust manfold on a 22R uses 4 studs in the head on top and 4 at the bottom (top and bottom studs are different Toyota part numbers). The only bolts used hold on the EGR air tube and the aluminum heat shield. RE manifolds should be the same or very similar.

can you tell me the size of the tube to manifold bolts... i don't have an egr tube on mine and i'm missing those two bolts... any suggestions?