Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

1992 4Runner stolen?!?!?!?!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1992 4Runner stolen?!?!?!?!

Hey guys, I came home tonight around 8 or 9. Took care of the baby and went to bed. It is now like 3:30 in the morning and the highway man just left my house. It turns out someone lifted the runner and went wheeling tonighT and abandOned the vehicle. What should I do? I am REALLY FREAKED OUT ABOUT THIS.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:37 PM

I happen to know how easy it was to steal Toyota vans, I am wondering if the 4Runner is an easy mark? I didn't leave the keys in the ignition, but there was a spare under the seat.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did the cops find it , you must go get it
Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Yeah, the cops just left my house! I had just pulled on my pants when they were knocking, and had been in the boneyard today and the guy was like, "I am not here to lock anyone up but it sure does look suspicious for you to have all that mud on your pants! When I saw where the truck was, I was like, "Do you really think I stuck this truck?! I couldn't have stepped out of it and stayed this clean. I told him right off the bat that if I was driving, even if I had had 12 beers the truck would NOT be stuck, he just laughed and told me how tough his Blazer was, Bwa hahahahaha!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go get it!

a house down the street from me was robbed last December... I know soon as I sas mine im parking it behind our fence (side of house) and a lock on the gate... right now its nothing to "stand outish"

sorry to hear about your truck tho, catch the mofo's..get an alarm?... or one of those motion sensor lights.

dont keep spare keys on your truck either!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Dang I hope that truck is not hurt bad! I GUESS I WILL BE PULLING THE MOTOR NEXT WEEK and dropping it in my new truck.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:52 PM

just read your latest post

smartass cops! They are same way here!!!..cops apparently dont change from region to region =P
Old 02-23-2007, 11:55 PM

We have been running shops for like 40 years and have only lost 3 cars! It really makes me wonder about my neighborhood. Although, I can''t seem to get little brother o the phone. Hmmmmmmmm.........
Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Yeah, cops are the same all over. So are firemen and paramedics. It is because of all this bull $h!t the last few years about them being heroes. Heroes! They decided to take on a job that they get reimbursed for! Heroes are made from terrible situations, not by wearing a uniform that anyone with a clean record and third grade education can get. I have helped out twice in my life while the cops just stood around. I even heard one tell another one night that he was "Too old for this" while me and a buddy took down a guy with a knife that had already cut his wife up!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
wheres the pics and now you have to move the key
Old 02-24-2007, 12:39 AM
CJM

Pull the EFI fuse under the hood, it aint going nowhere if you do that. I have made it a habit after hearing of 3+ vehicles stolen the last few months.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 AM

It really bothers me because I have only in the past week got really sure that I am about to drop a LOT of money into these vehicle. I don't want to do this and have one "walk off" again.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:55 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I park my trail rig 85 in my locked garage with the steering wheel removed/locked and my F350 outside in the driveway. Let them steal the F350...that is what insurance is for, but no way to get back the value I have in the 85. Leaving a spare key in or on your vehicle is stupid! Put one if you wallet if you want to have one. Invest in an alarm as a simple alarm and a few security measures like kill switches, pull fuses etc cause a thief's biggest enemy is TIME...and having a KEY just helps them. If you can slow them down or deter them right off the bat with an alarm flashing light...lots of times they will just move on to an easier target.

If in a fence, get a big dog...or just live next door to cops...I have a cop on either side of me. Not all cops are assholes, but just remember they have HIGH stress jobs cause they deal with the asshole public all day long.

Hope it is in good shape when you get it back. Please update.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:50 AM

Wabbit I am a dummy, the key usually just lays in the floor so I don't have to have my whole key ring swaying from the ignition cylinder. Everyone knows it too. Just got off the phone with the tow operator. He said it is just really muddy. No damage and driveable. He said it looked like they were spinning tires with the door open. $225 to get my truck back. Wouldn't you know that they used the ONLY recovery service in town that I don't do business with. I got a pretty good idea of what happened to the 4Runner though. My parents are out of town and I think my brother had a party and some of his friends took it for a joyride.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

Time to go kick some arse! Hopefully they are still hung over, would make it even better. Glad you got it back, and hopefully the damage isn't too bad.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by slosurfer
Time to go kick some arse! Hopefully they are still hung over, would make it even better. Glad you got it back, and hopefully the damage isn't too bad.
I second that motion.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

Well I hope that you get it back fine , but that Said I would just like to say that I hope one day when you need one of my brother officers they dont read your post about the 3rd grade education and clean uniform thing. If they do you might just find out that we dont think of ourselfs as heros we do what we do because we love doing what we do and just remember this every year up to 100 officers are killed in the line of duty protecting people like you with no expectations of reimbustment of any kind other then people they have never seen go home safe to there familys. Good case in point Utah last week off duty cop destracts the shooter long enought for back up to get there and trys to keep it quite but the media blows it out of porportion still he says as little as possible except ITS MY JOB AND THATS ALL I WAS DOING so next time maybe you think before you speak !
Old 02-24-2007, 11:18 AM

first off sorry too hear about the runner, and second the cops around my parts have got to be the laziest people out there! Yea theres the people that do it because thats what the like to do. but in the past yr. i have found 3 stolen cars and about 500 bucks in meth just down the road from me. called the cops every time and i have still yet to see one down here! i uslaly swing by the end of the road every night, i bet 6 out of 7 days there are people down there throwin out garbage or getin high. I think its pretty pi$$ pore that the cops cant take 5 mins to look there and i bet they would be haulin people off this road every day!
Old 02-24-2007, 11:31 AM

It's been violated! Sorry man. I sold one of my rigs to a friend a couple years ago. He had it a week and a half and it vanished. Turned up trashed. Really depressing.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:38 PM

Whew! I just got home with the 4Runner. Not too bad although they opened the doors while the tires were spinning. They also never locked the hubs. If they had it could have been a lot worse. They could have gotten out and really trashed it. I only drove it the few miles home but didn't notice anything except for all the mud inside. Washed the door panels with a hose and she's good as new. Looks like I will be adding an under dash kill switch for the EFI circuit. Oh, and start keeping my keys in my pocket. Thanks for all the concern but looks like this one turned out OK.

*edit* The wrecker driver said the cop never looked inside the truck or anything. He just wwrote down the VIN and sat in his car. There were two roaches in the ashtray and a reefer pipe in the passenger floor board. I didn't even know it until I started washing the doors.

Last edited by rezrunner92; 02-24-2007 at 12:41 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 4Runner stolen?!?!?!?!