84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Please help me find a home for these hoses

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me find a home for these hoses

Hello,
Fairly new here so bare with me. I just put the engine (22RE) and transmission (W56A) back into the truck (1985 4runner) after working on them, and the rest of the truck for a year. I got blown up several times in Iraq AND suffered a head injury in a head on crash with bad guy (TBI) so my memory is not the best to say the least. I'm trying to figure out where all the vacuum lines, other lines and heater hoses go. I numbered them RED and WHITE. The RED numbers are where things can be attached (I may have missed some and some parts are not on yet like the radiator, etc so the inlet may not be visible. The WHITE numbers are the hoses, etc that need a home. If you could respond with something like "1 white goes to 5 red" or "1 goes to some fitting that is not pictured". I'll make a list and put additional information to help this process. NOTE: some of these lines may be longer than what was originally on there... I had them cut a couple inches extra so I have some room to work with. If you see anything that is already on a fitting and is NOT in the right spot, let me know as well. Some of the numbers are on the other pictures. Thank you in advance.

WHITE:
1. Charcoal canister, small vacuum line.
2. Both of these come from what I think is either the VSV or the cold start fuel regulator valve. Please correct names if they are incorrect.
3. Big vacuum line from brake booster?
4. Not sure what this line is. Comes from a fitting on the firewall, lower left in the picture.
5. Vacuum line that comes from the back of what I think is a cruise control unit.... this is a 5 speed, I don't understand.
6. Don't know what this one is. Inlet in on a small unit/cluster that attaches to intake manifold.
7. This wire is connected to the negative battery terminal fitting, looks like a ground wire?
8. These larger hoses go to the heater I think, don't know where to connect them.
9. This larger hose also goes to the heater somewhere.
10. VSV vacuum lines x2 I believe.

RED:
1. Fitting with 3 small vacuum inlets?
2. Larger metal fitting for larger vacuum hose?
3. 3 more separated small vacuum inlets?
4. This metal tube bolts onto the side of the block in two spots. Heater hose inlet?
5. Larger metal fitting nearly identical to #2 for a larger vacuum hose? (this is also very dirty and I don't think anything was on this fitting when I took the engine out, however it was not capped)
6. This device is on the fuel rail. A fuel regulator? This is a medium sized metal fitting.
7. Smaller vacuum inlet/outlet?
Attached Thumbnails Please help me find a home for these hoses-1.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-2.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-3.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-4.jpg  
Old 05-15-2018, 04:33 AM

Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Well I can give you an easy one, I believe your WHITE #3 hose goes to RED #2 port on the intake, vac to the booster.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:56 AM

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts
Ok I just went and took these pics from my 85 4runner. Let me know if you need some different shots. Hope they help
Attached Thumbnails Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo122.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo761.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo664.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo353.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo315.jpg  

Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo208.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo248.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo901.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo831.jpg   Please help me find a home for these hoses-photo297.jpg  

Old 05-15-2018, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks bud! Great shots and should get me well on my way. I'll let you know if we get any stragglers =]