84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

"Hey Corey, where is my thread?"

Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
"Hey Corey, where is my thread?"

I am receiving an awful lot of email and PMs as of late as some are not following the info in this thread.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f121...titles-124787/

The communications to me ask where their missing thread/post is, and more than likely it has been deleted by a staff member.

Creating threads with titles that make no sense or do not pertain to the question being asked fubars and clogs up our search engine making searches for members harder here.

Off topic we are more relaxed about it, as it is usually not tech being posted in that section.
But if it is a tech question you are asking, it needs to be worded correctly.
We are not doing this to piss anyone off, we are doing this to make searches easier for members so they do not have to weed through search results that have titles that are not helpful to them.

Also there is a new search engine coming soon to the forum that will help.
That is in the works, and it should be launching soon.
((New search engine is in place now))

And speaking of searching...
Rule # 15
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f104...elines-200183/

We see a lot of threads that get started asking something simple that has already been covered multiple times in other threads.
Creating the extra threads again clogs up searches for members.
All we ask is that you try searching first to see if the topic has been covered already.
There are a few chronic non searchers here that do not like to use the search engine, and they say they got zero results when posting their thread.
Funny thing is a member will post back links to quite a few threads on the subject.
Owned!
Please try searching, more than likely it has been covered.

Also Josh (DeathCougar) is working on an FAQ as he gets times, this should be very helpful in the future.

YotaTech is a very friendly forum and the membership digs helping others, it is obvious here.
There are a lot of forums out there that you would be banned from for not searching or making the thread titles pertain to the contents of the thread.

Please help us to help you though by trying the info in this thread here.
And I want to point out that most of the emails/PMs I receive on where the missing threads have gone are from new signups, not seasoned members.

This thread is open for discussion if you have any info that can further help us on this subject matter.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***READ THIS***

From now on, please PM myself or one of the other mods with any questions regarding threads disappearing.
Corey has PLENTY on his plate as it is trying to keep this place functioning.

I will volunteer myself as your point of contact for thread problems - you can PM or email me via the forum.
If you posted a thread asking a common question, go ahead and assume it is because you didn't search before posting.

Please take an extra 30 seconds before posting threads to make sure they are in the right section and there isn't another thread a page or two below that already has your answer in it.

We have enough work to do on here as it is, we do not have time to babysit and coach you through it...your threads will be deleted at will.

A PM should be sent to you, however, with some of us deleting in excess of 5-10 threads per day that can get very time consuming.

Thanks,

Fink
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Corey is still being contacted about missing threads. Here is list of moderators:
FINK, DEATHCOUGAR, VITAL22RE, KAWAZX636, TERRYS87, RWOREGON

Please contact one of us if you are missing a thread, just click on the mod's name to send a PM. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can. Also please review the rules to see if it is possible you may have violated one of them and maybe that could have lead to a thread deletion.
Thanks!

DO NOT CONTACT COREY, CONTACT A MODERATOR USING THE LINKS ABOVE

Last edited by rworegon; 06-15-2014 at 07:18 PM.