84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

G54 input shaft

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G54 input shaft

Started a full rebuild on a G54 with a blown input and fourth gear as well as a chewed up fifth and counter shaft. About 90% done with the whole deal but having a hard time tracking down an input shaft that works. I ordered a G52 shaft from all state and another from cobra and both are wrong so I just sent them back. I'm looking for a 27 tooth, 21 spline that takes the 23mm input bearing and also has a snap ring groove inside and 14 needle bearings. I had heard of an L52 input shaft being very similar to a G series input and I got one and it's exactly the same looks like. Only problem is the transmission case won't go over the bearings now. The input bearing and counter shaft bearing are slightly out of true and there is a small 2-3 mm gap that won't let the case slip over both bearings at the same time.

So so any body got a line on a used G54 input shaft like the one I need or can provide any insight into my issue I'm having???